Question about U.I. Design - Do you want V. Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The lock feature should be only to stop accidentally changing parameters
I think the fire lock is useful to many actually, purse and bag carry can be treacherous. I do prefer the fire lock be a switch on the mod, so much more convenient than having to fool with settings.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It Does.

But when you Can't see the Screen because you are in Sunlight, and not indoors, a Fire Lock Switch is a Cool Feature.
Honestly my favorite feature on the Detonator, wish all my devices had one. So fast and easy.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I always like to see Voltage Output. I always select it when I have the option and don't use mods without. In 4 years I've never once looked at a puff counter.
And please - no need for a locking feature that locks the fire button along with parameter adjust (unless the mod can't be switched off). The lock feature should be only to stop accidentally changing parameters
Disagree about the lock. It’s courting disaster. Buttons get pressed when a mod is in ones pocket.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Honestly my favorite feature on the Detonator, wish all my devices had one. So fast and easy.

Absolutely.

I have a Wismec Presa that has a Fire Switch on it.

wismec-presa-100watt-tc-box-mod-silver-malta.jpeg

I thought it would be Silly. And I would Never use it.

Love it. I use it Every Time I use the Mod.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Absolutely.

I also use it more than I thought would at home...makes it George & Gracie proof.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Absolutely.

I’ve still got one of those. Had two. Both were painted. The silver one had a much better quality of paint on it than the black one which peeled badly. I eventually took sand paper to the black one and removed the remaining paint entirely. Very solid device.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Looks like a serious vote for the fire lock. ;) That's one of the great things about vaping- so many different methods and approaches. We can cherry pick. Viva la difference!!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I like a 3 click fire lock and a 5 click menu entry works very nicely.

Don't care about volts or amps going to the coil. Live resistance reading that can be locked or bumped up or down 0.01 ohm at a time to find tune TC.

Puff counter is great for comparing battery life on older cells, no need for a timer. Make the low battery cutoff 3.2V as well.

The Omni chipset has a countdown timer till full charge when you have the mod plugged in, awesome feature as well.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Thank you so much for this feedback thread! Have many ideas, but for now want to talk about EZ Watt that I have. Would like an extra wattage level between 18 and 30 watts in case I use another tank on it... maybe 22-24 range. BTW it's not about the mod, but please increase the airflow on the Prism S tank! I had to drill one of the holes bigger. Mods in general... have no use for puff counter or time! More to come...

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Actually, I had this idea the other day for a very simple mod... sort of the big brother to the EZ Watt 35. It would be an 80 watt internal battery mod that is versatile (for different tanks) and simple. No screen, just LEDs... a vertical row of 8, each representing a 10 watt increase (10, 20, 30... 80) and another vertical row of 4 (different color) for 2 watt increase (2, 4, 6, 8 / 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on) Would need 12 LEDs total. Two small buttons (one for left row, one for right row) It could be called the "LED Zeppelin"... OK, bad joke ;) EZ Watt 80 Watt should be fine. Maybe (just to be different) offer 2 tanks (because it's so versatile) one lower watt coils for MTL and one higher watt coils for DTL. I never know if I'm crazy or brilliant LOL
P.S. please make sure ALL tanks have airflow control.

• Love
Reactions: Innokin_Paul

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Actually, I had this idea the other day for a very simple mod... sort of the big brother to the EZ Watt 35. It would be an 80 watt internal battery mod that is versatile (for different tanks) and simple. No screen, just LEDs... a vertical row of 8, each representing a 10 watt increase (10, 20, 30... 80) and another vertical row of 4 (different color) for 2 watt increase (2, 4, 6, 8 / 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on) Would need 12 LEDs total. Two small buttons (one for left row, one for right row) It could be called the "LED Zeppelin"... OK, bad joke ;) EZ Watt 80 Watt should be fine. Maybe (just to be different) offer 2 tanks (because it's so versatile) one lower watt coils for MTL and one higher watt coils for DTL. I never know if I'm crazy or brilliant LOL
P.S. please make sure ALL tanks have airflow control.
We've been there and lived that design with LEDs and no screen, it was called the Kanger KBox. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread