Question about U.I. Design - Do you want V. Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Well I'll be... you got me there. I still like the idea, and mine has much finer control of wattage, but seems it's not a new idea. Anyone else still interested? How about adding bluetooth and the LED lights blink to the music... a FM radio... OK, just kidding. Can't blame a guy for trying. At least it won't have a puff counter.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well I'll be... you got me there. I still like the idea, and mine has much finer control of wattage, but seems it's not a new idea. Anyone else still interested? How about adding bluetooth and the LED lights blink to the music... a FM radio... OK, just kidding. Can't blame a guy for trying. At least it won't have a puff counter.
Explain how you have finer control of wattage than you do with 2 or 1 simple up/down buttons that will adjust by increments of .01.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
OK, now I'm on board... I'm into computers, and what we are really talking about is software (I got off track with hardware... would still like to talk about that later) User interface. Keep in mind I have very little knowledge of mod devices. You can offer all the options you want... just have a way that the user can enable/disable these at will. A simple easy way. Like settings/configuration on a computer software. Obviously, protection/safety stuff will not be messed with, but really, why can't we go through a "one time" configuration and (for the most part) it will stay that way until we need to change it? (once again... I know computers... not mods)
About the Adept... it detects the coil and sets the wattage (give or take some fine adjustment)? I don't get it. My LED idea is better than that LOL. I get it that it's supposed to help beginners, but might as well get a PockeX (forgive me... it was my first vape device) By the way, I really like Innokin.

Innokin_Paul

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
Shenzhen
www.innokin.com
I personally consider voltage output to be much more important than a puff counter. It’s going to vary by user though.
Hi Bombastinator. Thank you very much for the feedback. In my post I meant 'Puff Timer' to show how many seconds the last puff was. The Puff counter will be on the secondary screen and accessible through the menu. Sorry for any confusion. Feedback from this thread definitely shows and interest in keeping that Voltage output. Thank you again!

Innokin_Paul

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
Shenzhen
www.innokin.com
To be honest . . The majority of the time, I personally do not use wattage settings that often, unless I have no other choice. I really prefer setting Voltage output on the mods I use. So - IMHO - removing that from the information screen would not be good or helpful.

AND - Like what was said already ^ ^ ^ ^- The Puff Counter, after the first 3-6 months when some one is just starting vaping, IMHO - really doesn't have that much of use and can actually start to confuse "Newbies" (ex: Am I inhaling enough/not enough, instead of stopping once they find satisfaction.)

Now as for other information on the operating screen . . . Well, better battery level information would be very helpful, especially about the "life" of the battery - including when it has fully charged (lights off/mod shuts off automatically).

OH YEA - How about a "News" ticker/crawler bar . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I think of anything else, I'll post again . . . :facepalm:

Hi Uncle! Thank you for your post!
In this mod we are going to have a both Wattage and Voltage as output options and remove Temperature Control (for a cost reduction on PCB parts). The Puff counter is accessible on the secondary screen and the main operation screen will have a puff timer to show the length of the last puff. We are going to keep Voltage Output on the main screen.
Great idea about the battery information - I have good news! On the MVP5 the engineers were able to go steps farther on giving the user more useful charging information.. :thumbs: It's really cool what they accomplished and I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Hope all is great with you. Thanks very much again!

Innokin_Paul

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2013
Shenzhen
www.innokin.com
As a consumer I would prefer the chip give me the option to decide what is on my screen. I prefer simple and only want wattage, voltage, ohms, and battery volts; for myself everything else is annoying clutter.

Hi Letitia. Thank you and I agree with you 100%. We worked on a U.I that had a system nicknamed 'MyMenu'/'Pro' where the user could select what would be shown in the menu and on the main screen. We met with the engineers and the logic required to do this would 1) take up a lot of memory in the chipset 2) take a lot of time and cost more and increase the cost of the final product.. so the U.I was shelved until future development.
I've shown the heads of Innokin this thread and the interest in customizable U.I. and we will meet with the engineers in the future to discuss this. Thanks again!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi Bombastinator. Thank you very much for the feedback. In my post I meant 'Puff Timer' to show how many seconds the last puff was. The Puff counter will be on the secondary screen and accessible through the menu. Sorry for any confusion. Feedback from this thread definitely shows and interest in keeping that Voltage output. Thank you again!
I’ve Never even seen a puff timer before I think. Hard to know how useful it might be.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I suspect the average consumer will have zero interest in a puff timer. What some of us would like is simpler chips that don't assume wattage and have fewer features that we don't use and eats up battery life. Personally I would love to see devices that offered 2 chip options when ordering; one simple wattage/voltage or one with all the bells and whistles.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would keep voltage. I would also replace puffs with amps. Every mod should have amps displayed due to battery limits. Also display needs to retain this information
Specifically, the amps drawn from the battery. Not the amps delivered by the chip to the coil, which is useless information. Vapers are concerned about the amperage drawn from the battery for safety purposes.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Nice to see a reply from Ya' . . . :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hi Uncle! Thank you for your post!
In this mod we are going to have a both Wattage and Voltage as output options and remove Temperature Control (for a cost reduction on PCB parts). The Puff counter is accessible on the secondary screen and the main operation screen will have a puff timer to show the length of the last puff. We are going to keep Voltage Output on the main screen.

That's good to read . . . I like being able to use both Volts/Watts - so easy to understand now . . . AND - Especially since I have never been enamored with using Temperature Control, given that for "Me" it got to confusing trying to figure out which is which and what is what - HEY, although I'm "OLD" (and thankfully, not a horse :lol: ) - I can learn new tricks . . . But TC - NOPE - NOT FOR "ME" . . . :facepalm:

Great idea about the battery information - I have good news! On the MVP5 the engineers were able to go steps farther on giving the user more useful charging information.. :thumbs: It's really cool what they accomplished and I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.

WOW ! ! ! Can't wait for the New MVP5 to come out then . . . Without a doubt, as soon as I can afforded to get a New MVP5 and have a little time to try it out - I will surely provide some feedback to let "You" know "My" experience with the product . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Hope all is great with you. Thanks very much again!

No - THANK YOU . . . It's very nice to read that Innokin, as usual, is still working on "Usefulness" and more importantly, "Safety" when it comes to all their products . . . :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread