The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question: Boiling Cotton and Bamboo Wick Material

Discussion in 'High Desert Vapes' started by SLane, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    I've ordered and received (very quickly, thank you!) Organic Cotton and Bamboo Wicking Material. I'm about to try my first rebuild and I was curious if the cotton and bamboo I've ordered from HDV needs to be boiled first or if any other prewicking prep is needed? Thanks!

2. Brewtus

Brewtus Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    I haven't had anyone let me know one way or the other on these, but it might not be a bad idea to try both. Maybe cut a small piece and boil it then try it both ways and let us all know.

Sorry I could not be of any more help.

-JR

3. SLane

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    I've read that boiling takes out any impurities/chemicals etc. but I don't know if that's needed on organic cotton.

If I don't have any luck finding answers (I've got so much to learn), I will try it both ways and let you know if there are any differences. Thank you.

4. Brewtus

Aug 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks, i've heard the same, but not sure if it's necessary. I look forward to hearing back. =)

5. SLane

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    Brewtus, I'm going to chicken out and boil it all so I won't have a comparison for us. It doesn't take much time and I can't find anyone that doesn't boil it first unless it's a sterile cotton gauze or something like that.

6. Brewtus

Aug 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    Good enough, we will suggest the same to anyone who asks. Thanks for the update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.