Question for doshma

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but I can't help it. A friend of mine is in art school, and one day for fun, he had me look at his color wheel with literally thousands of colors. He asked me to pick my favorite color without looking at the names. The names were actually these bizarre codes of color, shade, and something else. Idk, WAY over my head. Anyway, by the time I was done, I handed him the card I liked best. He flipped it over, and it's technical name was... wait for it... blue. Just plain pure blue. So out of thousands of colors, I picked an absolute pure color!

So... maybe us men really do see colors, but it's a mental block. Just a theory :lol:

Chesterwiz

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2011
nowhere
OT, but I can't help it. A friend of mine is in art school, and one day for fun, he had me look at his color wheel with literally thousands of colors. He asked me to pick my favorite color without looking at the names. The names were actually these bizarre codes of color, shade, and something else. Idk, WAY over my head. Anyway, by the time I was done, I handed him the card I liked best. He flipped it over, and it's technical name was... wait for it... blue. Just plain pure blue. So out of thousands of colors, I picked an absolute pure color!

So... maybe us men really do see colors, but it's a mental block. Just a theory :lol:

#0000FF

rgb(0,0,255)

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Hey! I'm married to one of those guys...blue, just plain blue :)

As a kid, I was lucky enough to have grandparents who lived near a Crayola factory and when I was bored..."let's go on a tour!" Crayola taught me how to blend colors to make my own special crayons and how to make multi-colored and shading Crayolas and even gave me a little mold to use :)

All because I was one of those kids who never had enough colors in her box of Crayola crayons ;)

Hey! I'm married to one of those guys...blue, just plain blue :)

As a kid, I was lucky enough to have grandparents who lived near a Crayola factory and when I was bored..."let's go on a tour!" Crayola taught me how to blend colors to make my own special crayons and how to make multi-colored and shading Crayolas and even gave me a little mold to use :)

All because I was one of those kids who never had enough colors in her box of Crayola crayons ;)

Omg. That sounds AWESOME!!! I wanna take a Crayola tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread