Question for Oumier Wasp Nano fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I picked up one of these this week and I am absolutely smitten with it. It ticks all my boxes, vape temperature, looseness of airflow, but most importantly, flavour. Every lungful is pretty much guaranteed, but it is also extremely consistent, something I haven't managed to achieve with my motley collection of rta's throughout the day. I've come to the conclusion this is down to 3 things, the small internal chimney area, the airflow and the closeness of the coil to your lips. I coil up using 0.5mm (25 awg) SS316L x 8T on a 3mm former in TC mode.

I really want to use this as my "daily driver", but as dripping is impractical, I currently use it with my single 18650 squonker. I would then have to go equipped with extra juice and a spare battery which I'd rather not do, as within the first week I'll take them out my pocket and leave them somewhere ...

As a compromise, I was thinking of reserving the Nano for at home, and using something else during the day. But what RTA's come close to the Nano's flavour and airflow that have a decent capacity tank?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
Iirc there’s a wasp nano rdta. Doesn’t have a real big capacity though. I’ve grown inured to carrying a box of batteries and a squonk bottle filler with me.

Yep, I fell for that one. What was I thinking? 2ml won't get me through the morning, 1.5ml (which is closer to the true capacity) disappears with my morning coffee :(.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
How big is the bottle in the squonker? And what's the resistance coming in at? Doesn't sound like you would run high current so single battery may get you through the day, especially regulated as you don't have to deal with the voltage drop through the day. Can You use a 21700 in it, or are you only using 18650s?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
How big is the bottle in the squonker? And what's the resistance coming in at? Doesn't sound like you would run high current so single battery may get you through the day, especially regulated as you don't have to deal with the voltage drop through the day. Can You use a 21700 in it, or are you only using 18650s?

The squonk bottle is not huge, quite a lot less than 10ml capacity as the silicon tube leaves a good 5mm gap at the bottom. Coil is coming in at 0.4 Ohms, and with the Nano I vape between 35-50W, more often at the low end as the flavour is so good.

The Anita is supposed to support single 20700 or 21700, but I'm loath to use them as the battery fit even with smaller 18650's is incredibly tight. That's the reason why I rewrapped them, the insulation was beginning to get tatty with use, and I don't have any wraps for my 21700's.

It's a bit annoying, other than my charger it is the only device that has the potential to eat wraps.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Too bad the 21700 won't fit as something like a 40T would be a good solution for all day power. The bottle size could be solved if you get one of those screw on refill bottles. They hold 30 ml which would allow you to refill throughout the day through the 510 on top so you don't have to swap out bottles. In some ways easier than refilling a. RTA throughout the day. Either method you're still carrying around an extra bottle of juice.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
Too bad the 21700 won't fit as something like a 40T would be a good solution for all day power. The bottle size could be solved if you get one of those screw on refill bottles. They hold 30 ml which would allow you to refill throughout the day through the 510 on top so you don't have to swap out bottles. In some ways easier than refilling a. RTA throughout the day. Either method you're still carrying around an extra bottle of juice.

Thanks @Eskie. I've had a look at the refill bottles, looks like it would be a good investment. 30ml should be more than enough to keep me going.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread