The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question for the DIY Vets

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Brat, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brat

Brat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    Hey all hope someone out there can help me. I mistakenly purchased 24mg 100% PG juice from vaporbomb, and as much as I LOVE the flavor, I recently learned I need the VG for the smoke...which is what I really need.

What I'd like to accomplish is I'd like to mix some VG into the PG bottles from vaporbomb. My questions are:

-Is this possible to do?
    -Where do I get the VG stuff?
    -And how much of the VG should I put into a 10ml bottle?

2. roxics

roxics Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2009
    Detroit MI
    I'm pretty new to DIY but I think I can answer your question. How strong do you want your nic to be? The more zero-nicotine VG you add the more you're going to cut your nic level. Unless you buy a bottle of nic in VG, but even then you're going to cut your flavor down.

For plain zero-nic VG I just went to walmart and bought a 6oz bottle of glycerin for $3.

3. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    It is possible to do, but you're going to end up with a lower nic level as a result and you might end up muting some of the flavor.
    You can buy VG from Wal-Mart or any pharmacy place like Walgreen's or CVS. If you go to Wal-Mart it'll be in the pharmacy area and it's called Humco Glycerin USP. The bottle is also going to say it's a skin protectant, but it's the right stuff. The important thing is to make sure USP is on the bottle.
    How much you add to the bottle depends on how much vapor you want and how low you're willing to decrease the nic level.

4. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I tried the VG from CVS and it is oily tasting. The NOW vg from a health food store is super.
    Totally Wicked is having a YoYo sale on now and their Aguaous Glycerine is supposedly the absolute best as it is already thinned with de-ionized water.

There are several "juice calculators" in the ECF DIY section that will help you with the correct dilution for the nic value you are wanting.

You might try 8ml of your juice with 2ml of VG for a 22mg nic mix with a 80/20 PG/VG ration. You will lose some flavor by diluting like this. I usually add a little more flavoring to the mix at the same time (like 1 drop at a time, wait a day or so for it to infuse, add more as needed. Too much will make icky juice).

5. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    Thank you all for your help! :D Would a good way to measure it be with say a syringe? I've heard you can get those in the pharmacy as well

6. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    Oh and do I have to dilute the VG in any way and if with what? I'm reading through the forums, and no one says really that the VG needs to be diluted, I know I need a thicker syringe cause the VG itself is thick...but if I have to heat it up to add to the vaporbomb stuff how do I do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated...I really want to enjoy vaping these other flavors! LOL

7. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    You can just give it a "bath" in a really warm bowl of water for a little bit. That should work!

8. Brat

Nov 16, 2010
    Berlin, CT
    Thank you all so much! I picked up the stuff from walmart last night, and I found a little baby medicine syringe, the vaporbomb tops popped right off and it was so easy to put right in and it fixed the problem of no vapor. Thank you again for your great advice! I'm so happy and now I can vape my banana without getting frustrated! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.