Question from a newbie to all vape veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
My English not good but hope u guys understand....

I have question...I am gonna talk about rtas....soooo we got the air flow part of the tank when is the coil and that we suck air through it...and there is the juice part where holds the juice....and thing that seal the 2 spaces is the cotton....the juice reaches to the coil throught this capillary action I guess...I was thinking tho while we suck don't we create also vacuum and draw more juice if the airflow can't keep up with our draw?? And if that's correct then...this space that holds the juice should be sealed good so that it can't draw air lets say for example from the top fill cap and then push more juice into the coil cause it will have the atmospheric pressure?? Or maybe it's the opposite and the vacuum we create while we puff should get lose over time while we don't vape??? I am trying to get more understanding about how stuff works hope makes sense and someone can correct my mistakes and make things clear for me :D

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Mark Ant

Sep 8, 2020
My English not good but hope u guys understand....

I have question...I am gonna talk about rtas....soooo we got the air flow part of the tank when is the coil and that we suck air through it...and there is the juice part where holds the juice....and thing that seal the 2 spaces is the cotton....the juice reaches to the coil through this capillary action I guess...I was thinking tho while we suck don't we create also vacuum and draw more juice if the airflow can't keep up with our draw?? And if that's correct then...this space that holds the juice should be sealed good so that it can't draw air lets say for example from the top fill cap and then push more juice into the coil cause it will have the atmospheric pressure?? Or maybe it's the opposite and the vacuum we create while we puff should get lose over time while we don't vape??? I am trying to get more understanding about how stuff works hope makes sense and someone can correct my mistakes and make things clear for me :D

Get a bowl of water and a glass.
Submerge the glass under the water turning it upside down (trapping some air in the glass when you turn it upside down will help visualize what happens)
Now lift the glass partly out of the water keeping it upside down.
The level of the water in the glass is now higher than the water in the bowl.
This happens because a vacuum is created in the air at the top of the glass with enough negative pressure to stop any more water from leaving the bottom of the glass.

The same happens in your tank and creates an equilibrium between the capillary action of the wick and the vacuum created in the tank.
Every time you draw you vaporise some of the liquid in the cotton wick and this allows some more to flow out of the tank to saturate the wick again. At the same time some air is drawn into the tank through the wick until the equilibrium is found between saturation of the wick and the vacuum in the tank.

Surface tension of liquids probably plays a small part in holding the wick at saturation point.

All tanks that use this wick method do leak eventually as this equilibrium is difficult to maintain.
Leave a full tank standing for a few days and you will almost certainly find some liquid has leaked out.
Where the saturated wick touches another part i.e. coil ect it will have opportunity to 'run off'(gravity playing its part).
When that happens more liquid will be draw onto the wick until saturated again.

Not sure if i covered everything but hope it helps.

• Useful
Reactions: Superuser187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread