Question from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
Hi all,

I am new to this forum (have been lurking for a couple of days trying to go through all of the info). And I think my brain is exploding with all of the different varieties! (OK, yes I AM blonde!!)

My experience with e-cigs in general is: Tried one from eBay supplier last year and it was extremely hard to draw, hardly any vapour and I think the atomiser ended up overheating and the whole thing lasted about a week. It really wasn't much of a smoking substitute at all.

Next I bought a kit from loong totem and was very impressed with the ease of use amount of vapour etc. Yes, they are over-priced (especially with shipping charges). And of course my one and only battery died within two weeks. And yes, like someone else on this forum they have told me to buy some more products from their website and they will send another battery (not very fair I know). So all up, I'm still on the analogues at the moment.

Anyway... after searching here for a few days I cannot find a 'beginners thread' to all the different types of e-cigs with names and/or pics. Is there such a thread?

And secondly, and this is important to me... I really just want the two piece e-cig (that's why I like LT even though they are expensive) as the first e-cig I had with seperate atomiser made this 'spark' (?) sound when drawing which I really didn't like at all.

I am thinking about purchasing the 901 or the 402 ... could someone tell me please if either of these make this sound? Or recommend an e-cig for me that's just easy. I don't really want to mess around withe syringes and stuff at this stage.

Thanks everybody and sorry for the long post. :D

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Hi sydgal and welcome :)

there a post here which you may find useful?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ronic-cigaretts-complete-beginners-guide.html

From my experience the 901 sometimes called mini is a good start or the evolution gets rave reviews from a lot of people especially in battery life, but if you read up will help you make a decision as everyone's needs are so different it impossible to recommend one?

one man`s heaven one man`s hell etc ha-ha

Hope this helps?

xpdx

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Pacific NW USA
I've spent quite a bit of money and time trying to figure these things out. I've learned a couple of things.

1. Price doesn't indicate anything other than the marketing budget of the company you are buying from. It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the product.

2. ecigarettes are not cigarettes.. I know that is obvious but I spent a lot of time being frustrated that they didn't operate the way I wanted them to. It takes a while to learn how to adjust to using them. I hated my penstyle when I got it. Now it's my fave. I love my 901s too. But they all have quirks and bad parts are still pretty common. You have to be willing to return bad parts for replacements, and always buy from a company that is willing to work with you on this...

I guess you have to be comitted to learning, adjusting and being ...... off once in a while. And smoking a few analogs along the way while you figure all this stuff out. It takes a while. Or at least it did for me. And be ready to spend some cash too... but once you get it right you'll save money compared to analogs.

The only other advice I would give is that you don't start out with the high nicotine carts and/or juice- I am more addicted to nicotine than I was when I started cuz I got the kick-you-in-the-... stuff and vaped like I was underwater and it was my breathing tube. Now I have to adjust down.. not so fun.

Keep reading the forums- everybody is very nice and helpful here and there is a lot of information.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum (have been lurking for a couple of days trying to go through all of the info). And I think my brain is exploding with all of the different varieties! (OK, yes I AM blonde!!)

My experience with e-cigs in general is: Tried one from eBay supplier last year and it was extremely hard to draw, hardly any vapour and I think the atomiser ended up overheating and the whole thing lasted about a week. It really wasn't much of a smoking substitute at all.

Next I bought a kit from loong totem and was very impressed with the ease of use amount of vapour etc. Yes, they are over-priced (especially with shipping charges). And of course my one and only battery died within two weeks. And yes, like someone else on this forum they have told me to buy some more products from their website and they will send another battery (not very fair I know). So all up, I'm still on the analogues at the moment.

Anyway... after searching here for a few days I cannot find a 'beginners thread' to all the different types of e-cigs with names and/or pics. Is there such a thread?

And secondly, and this is important to me... I really just want the two piece e-cig (that's why I like LT even though they are expensive) as the first e-cig I had with seperate atomiser made this 'spark' (?) sound when drawing which I really didn't like at all.

I am thinking about purchasing the 901 or the 402 ... could someone tell me please if either of these make this sound? Or recommend an e-cig for me that's just easy. I don't really want to mess around withe syringes and stuff at this stage.

Thanks everybody and sorry for the long post. :D

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
The M402 i got from www.absolutelyecigs.com made a little hissing sound when i first got it. After about a week, the sound went away.

I definitely recommend it. Get a black one cos i think its way cooler. You can also check out my review. I posted some pictures (although badly taken) and also placed it side by side to a 901.

sydgal

Jan 24, 2009
Australia
The M402 i got from ---- made a little hissing sound when i first got it. After about a week, the sound went away.

I definitely recommend it. Get a black one cos i think its way cooler. You can also check out my review. I posted some pictures (although badly taken) and also placed it side by side to a 901.

Thanks Fendor, looks great but I don't think I can wait til Feb 5th for the shipping... but I will eventually get one of those! (sorry it wouldn't let me post the url you had above!)

Rainbow... Yeah, I'm in Sydney (NSW) not sure if our laws are as bad as VIC's. I'll definitely order a kit or two from various distributors. SHHHHH!
Talk about make you feel like a hard-core druggie! :(
Guess there could come a time when they really crack down on importing these... and all we are doing is TRYING to give up the smokes! I thought that's what the government wanted. They are always sticking graphic ads in your face telling you how bad smoking is for you and don't even start me with the warnings on the packets!!!

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks Fendor, looks great but I don't think I can wait til Feb 5th for the shipping... but I will eventually get one of those! (sorry it wouldn't let me post the url you had above!)

I still ordered from them during the holidays cos there was a promotion and i'm cheap!:rolleyes:

Buy more than $200 and get a free starter kit. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. A minimum of $60 gets you a free atomiser.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Hello & welcome !!

I wanted to add my opinion to the lot regarding the "sparking" sound which I think you'll find in any of the e-cig brands or designs.

I believe what your hear is the sizzle or snapping the same as if you were to drip a drop of water onto the heating element of your stove.

To create a vapor by use of an atomizer it would be near impossible to avoid simply because of the "action" needed to do so. Your taking a liquid substance from a source (the wadding) and having it turn to vapor by drawing that liquid from the wad by means of heat (the atomizer).

Seeing as there is no way of exacting the amount of liquid that is drawn towards the atomizer there will be times (many of them), that the atomizer will get hotter than expected due to lack of use keeping it moist and once the liquid transfer occurs to vaporize its more than what its expecting through the wicking effect making it snap and/or sizzle.

So, in the end I'd think we really have nothing to worry about in that regard.

With reference to your desire for a "simple design", or two piece, this was also my choice in decision, as well as to have a unit that closely resembled an analog cigarette. Again, if was simply my choice to do so as opposed to the other styles that are/were available.

So I decided on the LT design and started researching who would offer me the best customer service for my location.

Though being in Canada, I was able to find a local supplier in Quebec, (one province over), and since they offered what was essentially a LT branded as the Smoke-51 (which I've always felt side by side images looked better finished in appearance), to try.

Yes, the design and brand was of the higher priced available out there, yet like I mentioned, its the one I wanted to try/use.

I've been very pleased with the product for what it is and what it provides me. And having one of my two batteries originally fail after 2 weeks they immediately replaced it upon receipt of the defective part (not after receiving it and needing to test it). So, in my case it was done within a once week time-frame back in my hands.

I do know, through communications with both them (the supplier), and the USA office (the main distributor for North America), that they have discontinued offering the shorter of the two batteries simply because of the unreliability of them.

Now, having said all of that......... I want to also mention that my craving for flavour options and nicotine strengths are over powering my initial desire. In other words, I've ordered different smoke juices from Johnson Creek's USA site and experimented with reloading the LT cartridges on my own. But because of the design of the cartridge I found that option not satisfactory to ME, and the simple fact that you cannot order blank cartridges from them.

So I decided to look over the reviews, and most importantly the video reviews from our trusted and helpful member "parked", of the different devices to help me decide on my next purchase.

I decided on the Janty Dura, based on its reviews, in an attempt to appease my search for flavor and nicotine choices and await its delivery anxiously. Again, I face an expensive purchase (especially after our lousy exchange rate plus the shipping into Canada), but do so feeling I've investigated my options based on my desires for a satisfying device that will in the end give me pleasure in use.

I'm going to refrain now from posting links directly to the websites in question as an attempt to offer proper etiquette as I've recently starting to consider marketing the items myself and feel it improper unless a thread directly requests it by brand.

So, if you are interested in obtaining them, please feel free to either PM me or email me directly from my profile.

VapeOn,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread