Question from Germany: What exactly does the US law plan to ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubito

Oct 4, 2019
Magdeburg, Germany
Just a short question from a German vaper.
There is a long discussion in the USA whether flavored liquids should be banned.
I wonder:
Is this about ready to use liquids or, as well, about liquids that you mix yourself?
A friend of mine claims that it is only about ready to use liquids and you can continue to buy all kinds of flavors in the future and so you can mix with base and nicotine shots itself.
I guess that would be nonsense, because in fact nothing would change.
Who is right?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It seems to be about pre-mixed eliquids.

The base flavorings are used in things like baking, no word of anything about them.

Nicotine base (e.g.,100 mg/ml) has been the subject of some work in the US House of Representatives, discussions about applying very high taxes (thousands of dollars per liter, based on the strength). That hasn't been passed by the full House, and would then need to go through the US Senate, but would make eliquids much more expensive. Many of us DIY people (who've been paying attention) are stocking up on nic for our freezers (it stores well).

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Dubito

Oct 4, 2019
Magdeburg, Germany
Thank you for answer!
So far you can feel happy to buy Nic. base with 100mg!
Here it is limited to 20mg in bottles of max. 10 ml.
And decreasing smoking concludes lower Tobacco tax for the country,
so I guess nicotine tax will come in several months or few years.
(For now we pay between 0,50 and 1,50 Euro for 10 ml, buying in a bundle on the internet.)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Yes, right now we still have it good for nic price.

Today, a liter of 100mg/ml, with glass bottles to split it into for long term storage, only costs me $50 delivered. That means 200mg (equivalent nic to your 20 mg/ml 10ml bottle) costs $0.10 (10 cents).

The taxes they are looking at would be about $2800 on a liter, $5.59 on 200mg of nic.

(You can see why some of us are stocking up [emoji3])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread