Question of the day. Cartos or Attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
What's your favorite thing to use? How do you use them? Cartos are self explantory, I guess. Which brand do you use? Why is it your favorite thing? Do you drip, or use cartridges? Talk about what you're vaping with, and why it turned out to be your favorite thing. I wanted to make it a poll with participation, but we can't do polls here. I guess this is better because a poll will let people not explain themselves.

GO!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Cartos or attys?

The answer is : yes.

2011-11-06 11.59.01.jpg

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Does not play well with others.

Untrue. I just don't always elaborate.

Cartos: Smoke tech dual coils - 4 different ohms and two or three different sizes - use very often and at least one kind daily. Smoke tech single coils - two different kinds very often. Boge cartos 2 different ones pretty much daily. CE2s in tanks - three different ohms very often.

Attys: 510s - 1.5 to 2.0 ohm dripping, bottom feeding, top feeding, and DOD. Drip the last couple of hours ever day 7 days a week 365 days a year. Smoke techs, joye, ciscos, bauways... but mostly ciscos. 306s 1.5 to 2.0 ohm very often if not daily. Several brands, but mostly ciscos and smoke techs.

So, you see: The answer is still "yes".

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My favorite has always been cartos. My current favorite is the eGo MEGA cartomizers. They hold enough juice to last me most of the day on my eGos (eGo-T and eGo-type VV batts), and I can get at least a month out of them, even refilling every day. I've never had one come to me DOA, and I've not yet had one fail on me before I tossed it.

My choice for traveling about is also cartos because I don't have to lug around bottles of juice or worry about having an atty fail suddenly on me.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
attys - dual coil atomizers from cloudsofvapor.com on all of my Reo's, Red Sky Mod, and Hogs.

carto's - go on everything else. Dual coils in all 4 sizes, Ikenvape mega 510 in both resistances, Ikenvape 801 Fusions in both resistances, Boge in all 3 resistances, resurrectors, rejuvenators, echo-e, echo-e dual coil, ego mega dual coil, e-power dual coil, and vapingzone's dual coils...I think that covers it for me.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I'm with six, yes!! :)

cartos - bauway CE2 clearos in various resistance 2.5 to 3.0 ohm
I haven't found a dual coil or 1.7 ohm carto that plays well with my go to flavors,
but that is likely due to MY preferred flavors given their wide acceptance.

attys - 510, 901, and 801 in various resistance 2.5 to 3.0 ohm with DoD top feeder

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
direct drip with attys. Carto's can be convenient,but nothing matches the taste of direct dripping, but ymmv--but not mine.

This ^^^

I use a VV box mod.
I direct drip on a 901 atty. Nothing will ever match that flavor. I have to use an avidvaper drip shield to keep the mess down.

However...When I'm busy at the barn or riding or playing a computer game, I can't be dripping every 3 draws, so I use a volt 808 carto. Warm and nice if I keep it "slushy" on top.

so "yes" to both. They both have their place in my life.

craigel

Sep 9, 2011
Rockford, IL
Well, I'm only in my second month of vaping, so studies are ongoing.
My kit is an eGo T. For the first month, that, with an atty was all I had used. At the suggestion of many here on ecf, I ordered some boge carto's, LR and regular. I can agree that when a carto is really working, their performance surpasses my stock set up.
The problem I've had with them is that performance degrades over a relatively short time. But a bigger issue, for me, is the constant dripping necessary to keep them topped off. Apparently, I need a little more practice with that, because I do flood them sometimes and waste juice.
My preference is a LR ATTY and eGo T tank (type B). The convenience factor for me, is huge. I find that I prefer type B to type A, and LR is pretty important.
So, that's my preference, as of now. However, as I write this, it occurs to me that it's probably more of a preference of the convenience of a tank versus anything else. LOL:unsure:

CaptainMauzer

Oct 29, 2011
Illinois
I have been using SmokTech 1.5ohm cartos on my Mega T-rex and Ego VV I recently tried some Fluxomizers and i could not get the metal taste to go away after 2 days, so I'm going back to my Smoktech's

I also just recently bought myself an LR atty to try dripping, but again i didnt like the taste (but this is probably just me being ignorant)

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I was direct dripping on 510 attys for my first year of vaping, until I switched to the eGo tank for a short while.

Got annoyed and tried some of those spiffy dual coil cartos.. hmmmm cartos...

Then I discovered the fancy schmancy CE2 clearomizers aka "Fluxomizers" from gotvapes and am seriously hooked on those.

These days I only use the CE2s and dual coil cartos on a variable voltage eGo battery and I get consistant performance, great clouds of vapor and awesome flavor for not a lot of money or maintenance.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm with six on this also. Attys: I'm out at the moment and missing them. Also, there's three or four kinds that I'd love to try, but I'm on a strict budget and may not get around to it. I'm ordering a few in the 2.0 ~ 2.2 ohm range tho, just as soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poor house lol.

Cartos. I prefer the topcoils, but I also enjoy the duel coils. I went on a four day trip not long back and used one duel coil the whole time. It was convenient to use and performed great. I still have it, cleaned up and ready to go again.

A couple of cartos that I'd like to test is the echo-e and the kanger horizontal coil, but it might be awhile. My next order is going to be attys lol.

Happy vaping to all. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread