Question on 3.7v / 5v / 6v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
Can y'all please explain the advantages of vaping at the different voltages?

I'm currently using Ego with the standard atty. I have a 5v PT on order, should be here tomorrow, I hope.

From what I understand, the higher voltages vaporize the juice faster and make a much warmer vapor.

So what are the pros and cons to higher voltages?

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
*double post*

I'm only asking or inquiring, mostly because I want to upgrade from my Ego.

But....

I also want a much warmer vapor, without having to hold down the button before inhaling or taking a few primer puffs. Even with holding down the button for a couple seconds, I still find it more enjoyable to do primer puffs....about 2-3, before I get that super sweet hit.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Most of the answers you're getting in here refer to high voltage with a 510 atomizer. If you use a high resistance 901 atty at 6 volts you won't get a burnt taste and the flavor is rich. The reason is that the 510 HR atty provides about 3.5 ohms and the HR 901 atty provides 5.2 ohms bringing the current closer to that experienced at 5 volts. The 901 atomizer is a very good flavor deliverer and at that voltage it's amazing. I have 510 mods with HR 510 atomizers and it's good but nowhere near the same. It' hot and burns some flavors out. With a 510 you really need it regulated to 5 volts.

Toker

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Georgia
801 @ 6 Volt has very decent flavour and awesome vapour, personally I can't stand the 801 at any less than 6 volt.

By the way original poster dude, your ego only puts 3.2 volt on the coil.

OUCH! No wonder I prefer to take several primer puffs. The initial puff is weak flavor and weaker vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread