Question on atty's not getting liquid, or sucking too much air

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
posted in wrong forum, now found my home in the 306/510 area.

Hey guys, had the joy510/joye306 for quite some time now but now just started to get into it since it's becoming a very convenient portion of my life.

I ordered 4 atomizers today. I tested them all out and cleaned them up and screwed them into a freshly charged manual batt. 1 out of the 4 attys seem to be sucking a lot more air than the rest and not grabbing any liq from the cart. I feel like when i take a drag from it, i'm hearing more of the flow of air than the burning of the wick against the filler. I'm getting vape but i'm not getting any taste (menthol 24mg prefilled cart). Then when i try another atty, i dont feel any air coming through and it feels like i'm getting a strong pull with no air in the way and then of course, in that example i get a nice pull from the eliq. The atty that is sucking air doesnt look any different, other than there is a little bit lets white cotton under the bridge of the wick, but other than that, it looks the same and the wick is intact and in perfect condition. i can tell i'm getting a good pull when i feel there is no air inbetween my lips and the cart, but when I use this one specific atty, i'm hearing and feeling air when i pull.

I've primed them a little by putting some drops on them, but even putting one drop on them, it ends up coming thorugh the cart into my mouth which further proves my theory of air coming right through, but i've primed all of them and only one is acting weird.

could there truly need to be a break in process ? I made sure the atty is screwed on tight to prevent air from getting inbetween the unit, but is there anything else i'm missing or do we get defective atty's like this from time to time ?

It's a choice-ecig but i think it's just another name for the jantystick 306 or 306a or 510 since they are all inter-changable.

The atty is male, going into a female batt.

Any ideas? thoughts? thanks.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
maybe try blowing on the batt end of the one that doesnt get much air...maybe primer gunked up? I know these are exposed attys so not sure about the one getting too much air-maybe try dripping some juice on it to get it going?

The ones not getting much air are getting much better pull and vape, so i'm assuming the less air, the better since its a direct pull from atty to battery to cart, i made sure the atty was screwed on tight, but i feel like when i take a pull, its not enough pull getting through to the atty to pull the eliq, thats when i noticed a lot of air was passing through ,where the other ones felt more like pulling from an analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread