Question on charging the Vision spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone, I started off with a joyetech battery EGO C upgrade and recently bought the Vision Spinner 1300. They told me the charger for the joyetech would charge the Vision battery. I put the Spinner on charge and it has been 4 hours and still showing Red. How long should it take to get fully charged and show up green? It's just red and blinks every 3 seconds.

Thanks

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Anytime, and welcome to ECF New2vaps. I started with the spinners and I love them. They last all day and you can turn the voltage up and down depending on the tank / clearo / carto etc. and the juice. When I first got them I was, I don't want to say scared, but worried about turning them up too high because I didn't want to damage anything. Now I'm twisting them up and down all the time, sometimes from one hit to another just to change things up, get different flavors and vapor.
Enjoy them and enjoy the forums.

I love ECF. I just got my first Vision Spinner after using only Joyetech and I had the same question cause the light blinked constantly green at first, then the white button light went out and it barely blinked green and then right after I read this I look over and see my charger has finally turned green. I guess this is the Vaper's new "watched pot" waiting to boil as we all can't wait to try out every new thing we can our hands on. Thank you for asking/answering my question four months ago. and thank you to all the members posting/answering. I can still only post here in the new members area. Trying to get my magic "five posts" in but it seems like anything I want to know has already been asked and several times answered and all I have is my limited personal opinion. Thanks again.

sqcivic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
los angeles
I had a similar experience with a Smok 1300mah.. At first the light on the fir button would stay on while it charged. now the light in the fir button and charger do not turn on at all. I can pull the battery off the charger after 4-6 hours and it will last me maybe 45 minutes. Does this sound like a bad battery?

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I love ECF. Trying to get my magic "five posts" in but it seems like anything I want to know has already been asked and several times answered and all I have is my limited personal opinion. Thanks again.

Welcome to another Washingtonian.
Just answer a few of the new people, saying "welcome, glad you made a healthy choice", and you'll have your five in real quick.
Then you can not only read, but post to the other threads.
The more you post, the more goodies you can add to your own posts, bottom banners etc.
Enjoy, there are more than a million posts to read :pop:

MrGimp

ECF Veteran
I had a similar experience with a Smok 1300mah.. At first the light on the fir button would stay on while it charged. now the light in the fir button and charger do not turn on at all. I can pull the battery off the charger after 4-6 hours and it will last me maybe 45 minutes. Does this sound like a bad battery?

Unfortunately like all batteries vaping devices only recharge so many times so you probably need to replace your batteries if the batteries are replaceable or the whole mom if its a built-in lithium cell. Unfortunately it's one of the downsides of our habits / hobby um I also find it with devices that has the self contained batteries but there is a bit of battery memory so if you take them off the charger its a 50 percent you shorten my life span of the battery it's best to always let the batteries have full cycle for example always completely discharged battery and then fully recharge it before using. With some batteries if you'd only charge them to 50 or 60 percent you'll never be able to recharge them all the way again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
With your Spinner, charge it at 4.2v as well, dont turn it down to the lowest setting. I used to use one and mine took hours to charge as well. Then I got told to put it on 4.2v and its quicker. Not by alot, but mine was charging up in around 2 to 3 hours.

I was JUST coming in to say the same thing. Charge at 4.2v

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Yep, as others have said, be sure to charge at 4.2 on the dial. I flick my Twist all the way up to 4.8 as it's easier than trying to read the dial in the dark and the charger only puts out 4.2v anyhow, haven't noticed any detrimental effects but the ideal charge setting seems to be 4.2, aka fully-charged lithium battery voltage.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
With your Spinner, charge it at 4.2v as well, dont turn it down to the lowest setting. I used to use one and mine took hours to charge as well. Then I got told to put it on 4.2v and its quicker. Not by alot, but mine was charging up in around 2 to 3 hours.

Good to know- had not thought of what the dial should be at while charging! Great info on this thread! Just got my spinner today- SOOOO EXCITED! cannot wait to play around with it!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, if you're adjusting the output with the dial, isn't that making the hole for the electrons smaller? So if you don't open it back up, it takes longer for the charger to put them back.:laugh:

Yeah, what? Haven't had occasion to take one apart, but I can't see how the setting on a potentiometer that controls the chip that controls the voltage has any bearing at all on charging.

mclarkson

Jun 14, 2013
Kansas
I guess you could always try it both ways and see. (But if 4.2 is good, wouldn't 4.8 be better?)

One of my (4) Spinners has stopped charging. I thought I'd ask if there was anything I should poke or prod before I just throw it out. The battery is only 4-5 weeks old. When I plug it into the charger, it doesn't acknowledge that it's been plugged in. (ie no lights, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread