Status
Not open for further replies.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
Im sure someone here can help me out.

Im trying to find out if the Smoktech coils fit kanger tanks.

The reason for this is because kanger (from what i hear) is putting out alot of duds. I have bought some myself.

I have seen people complain after buying a whole 5 pack of kanger coils to say that they were all duds. So sense i know that i havent heard anything bad about smoktech coils... i was just wondering. Because if thats the case ill just buy the smoktech coils instead of the kanger coils.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I do not think smoketech coils fit the Kanger tanks. I can say in 6 months of vaping I have not had a dud in any of the Kanger coils I purchased. Sun Vapers and Vape 101 sell original Knager coils.

This is how a Kanger box looks.

coils (3).jpg

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
i know i have seen them. but some of the vendors i know get a handfull of people that come in saying their coil was not wicking properly and getting a burnt taste the moment their wick gets saturated. and its always with the kanger heads. i wonder if other people are having the same issue.

i havent heard anything negative about smoktech's coils though.. just wondering.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
The coils that fit the Smoktech Aro and their other single coil tanks DO in fact fit the single coil Protanks and I think Evods, but NOT the other way around apparently.

see i thought so... thank you pocha.

ill be buying the smoktech coils from now on because ive been one of those guys that has bought defective kanger coils.

sometimes i biuld them on my own but other times im at a vape shop and dont feel like building one so i just buy a couple.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
I quit buying Protank coils and have gone to recoiling them with 28 ga. Kanthal A-1 wire spaced microcoils and cotton wicks. Works much better, warmer vape than regular Protank/Evod coils, more flavor and no leaks or gurgles even though I do not use a stacked flavor wick.

On average it takes about 10 minutes or so to do a rebuilt coil from start to finish. I had issues with some of the white silicone insulators tearing when removing them so now I pull the old coil first then use the blunt end of a 2mm drill bit to push out the insulator from the top of the coil head unit. I also ordered some replacement white silicone insulators from Lightning Vapes. Price is $6.00 for 10 pieces and free postage.

Rebuilding is a LOT less expensive too. Most of my rebuilt coils average around 1.2 - 1.3 ohms and work very well on both my SMOK ZMAX V5 and LAMBO V6.0.

Try recoiling these instead of buying new coils, you will definitely notice a difference. I certainly did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread