The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question re: Kidney Puncher SS316L SPOOLS

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by Jumpin' In..., Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In... Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Hoping someone can tell me how durable Kidney Puncher wire SPOOLS are?

Looking to replenish my supply of 28 ga. SS 316L wire. 100’ of wire will probably last me a long, long time, so I want to spool to do the same.

I’ve been using UD SS 316L wire up to now - which has a very durable spool with lots of holes in the lip that make storage a breeze. Bought some Lightning Vape (Kanthal) wire a while back and the spools were so thin and brittle that they almost immediately started chipping and cracking. Won’t go there again. Temco SS 316L wire is back-ordered 3 months.

Kidney Puncher carries some “Mod Guard” atty spacers that I could use and I came across their wire, so...

• Like Like x 1
  2. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Funny you should ask - of all the spools of wire I have in my toolbox (15 spools?), the 100-foot spool of NiChrome wire from Kidney Puncher is the only one that is broken. It's a very sturdy spool, but arrived with the edges broken in three places. It looks beat up but still functions, so I don't care.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jumpin' In...

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Good to know. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    AVS has 40% off wire and coils. Their spools hold up well for me. I'm not hard on them and they have their own box. Code CYBERMONDAY

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jumpin' In...

Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    Umm...what/who is ‘AVS’ ?

6. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Advanced Vape Supply. Great service and wires. Prebuilt coils perform well too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've been happy with Temco SS316L from Amazon. The wire is good and the spools last longer than it takes to use up 100' of wire. I"ve seen no cracks or chips in the plastic.

It's been a while since I ordered wire from Kidney Puncher, but I never had spool cracks before from their wire. Maybe they changed vendors.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.