Question Regarding Selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Is there a specified limit as to how many of one item can be sold on ECF per month before a member would have to register as a supplier?

Are 4 or 5 of the same items per month enough to have to register as a supplier?

As a modder... I am going to be putting up "how-to"s in the Modders Forum. Would these "how-to"s be removed or moved if I were to have to register as a supplier?

Why "how-to"s if I also am willing to sell? Trust me, I need money bad, but I am well aware that I cannot manufacture enough to sell to everyone. Furthermore, I want to put up "how-to" for people like my brother and I that cannot afford to buy a great mod but can make plenty of great mods. The members I want to sell to are the ones that cannot make a mod due to their health limiting the ability or mere belief that they cannot do it. My mods are extremely handicap friendly and ensure a safer vaping while driving environment (which would hopefully limit anyone else becoming hurt or crippled in car accidents).

I'm not going to run through the forums screaming "BUY MINE!"..... I won't need to. I would, however, like the ability to sell a few quality mods per month without breaking ECF rules.

Is there a way? Is there a happy medium that works for all? :confused:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
As I understand it, you are allowed to post how-tos in other forums. The only places you're not allowed to post are the newbie forum and other sellers' forums. You're also not allowed to comment on other sellers' products or practices or promote your mod anywhere outside the seller's forum.

Thank you, candre23. I'm searching out the "suppliers" info presently and hopefully it will answer my questions. Why waste time putting up a how-to in the modders forum if it might only be removed, moved or deleted? Ya know? Guess I need to finish it all before I would register as a supplier and basically be banned from posting by ECF for a month or more? Not sure yet. Need to find out.

Since I would have to register as a "supplier" to possibly only sell several mods.... I also need to find out what would happen in a two computer household where the other ECF member is not a "supplier". Would he be temporarily banned from posting/PMing also? And if I registered, sold what I would sell, is there an "unregister" process to become a normal member again?

Anyhow.... just questions running through my mind..... I'll seek and see if there are any answers out there.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
I just couldn't find the information needed to answer my questions. :(

Also, for anyone interested, apparently you do not PM SunVaporor anymore but you email Misty.

Also worthy of noting, because it's been mentioned a lot, the rules have changed recently and that is why some people were selling so heavily without becoming a "supplier". The rules are different now. They are also thinking of charging a fee at anytime.

Now that I've been told that I must become a "supplier" to sell a few mods..... my biggest question is as to whether or not my brother on his computer would be banned from posting in areas because we live in the same house. :confused:

Apparently, I might also not be allowed to post in the only place I've really posted much... a certain Suppliers forum.

I don't mind having to disappear for a month while they approve or disapprove me. I don't have time to post much, so I'm not concerned about losing anything like that. But my brother enjoys posting at ECF, especially in the Modders Forum.

Would my brother be barred along with me?

Anyone know?

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Now that I've been told that I must become a "supplier" to sell a few mods..... my biggest question is as to whether or not my brother on his computer would be banned from posting in areas because we live in the same house. :confused:
This shouldn't be an issue, as long as it was made known to the moderators beforehand.

Apparently, I might also not be allowed to post in the only place I've really posted much... a certain Suppliers forum.
As long as you have that Supplier's permission to post in their forum, it's also not an issue.

I don't mind having to disappear for a month while they approve or disapprove me. I don't have time to post much, so I'm not concerned about losing anything like that. But my brother enjoys posting at ECF, especially in the Modders Forum.
You wouldn't have to disappear for a month. If you send back the form immediately (it is a small form just asking for basic information) you'll still be able to post on the majority of the forums here, with the limitation of not being able to talk about your business or products until the registration process is complete.

Would my brother be barred along with me?
See above.

If you have further questions, please feel free to send me a PM, and I will try and give you the answers you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread