Questions about 510 cartomizers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaRyan

Aug 20, 2011
erie, pa
Let me start off by saying I apologize if I'm somehow doing this incorrectly lol. I started vaping about 2 months ago, and made the sad mistake of starting with a Blu brand starter kit. I was unhappy with that so did a little more research and decided to try out the Joye 510, which I've definitely been diggin. After a week or two of vapin that and more research, I decided to give the 510 cartomizers a try as I was under the impression there would be less refilling necessary. According to reviews I've read/watched, these things should hold about 20+ drops on a refill and generally vape for a good hour or more. Though they vape/taste great, I'm finding that everytime I try to refill, i can only get about 6 drops in before it starts leaking out the battery connection-end. I know I'm letting it dry out completely because I'm waiting until the juice flavour is gone and pop the white rubber cap to check the filler which appears dry and white. Could this somehow relate to the e juice I'm using (18mg hawaiin punch, 24mg tobbaco from awesomevapor) ? The methods I am using to refill are popping the cap and dripping along the sides directly onto the filler or dripping through the hole in the battery end in which case it leaks out the opposite side still after only 5 or 6 drops...Am I doing something incorrectly or what? any help or suggestions would be genuinely appreciated...i feel like a complete idiot not being able to figure this out. just wana get the most outta my cartos/juice. thanks.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
When filling a empty cartos do as you have been doing right at first. Put some drops in through the top. There is something called the Taryn spin that I found to be my method of choice to get the juice to soak the filling. I made a spinner out of a old RX container by putting a hole in the lid and attaching a cord. Put the cartos inside, you don't have to put the white top on it, put on the lid and give it a few spins. Take off the lid and put some more drops in the cartos. Continue this cycle until the juice stays on top of the filler. Any excess juice will be inside the container. Take the cartos out and blow through the battery end to blow out excess from the tube. You should have a nicely saturated cartos!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You have to make the juice go in - hold tissue against the thread end hole or use a carto hole plug. And use thin enough juice so it doesn't clog up the stuffing. And fill slowly watching how well it is soaking in. I do not know the PG/VG of your juice nor what carto you are using. BTW SLB cartos suck if you happen to have them. I recommend Boge and slim 510 should not use the LR ones. Standard resistance only.

I do usually refill when the carto is about 1/3 to 1/2 empty to precent singeing. When I used cart and atty I had to screw with them all the time. Sure sometimes you could vape a whole cartridge without messing with it but other times it would need frequent topping off of 2-5 drops, or would dump its juice, or the stuffing would need adjustment or the atty would need cleaning. I find vaping much more troublefree with cartos. But you have to use good cartos and suitable juice.

----
How I fill Vapor4Life KR8 cartos and Boge 510 cartos. No tricks. No spins. Just as intended.

Pop out the soft cap with an unbent paperclip in the mouth hole, very careful not to catch stuffing or the wire loop.
Shake and open the eliquid
Hold a bit of tissue on the threaded end hole, tilt the carto, and add 18 drops per ml of capacity into the stuffing (Boges and most KR8 cartos are about 1ml).
Wait 15 seconds or so then see how many more drops the carto stuffing will soak in easily.
Clean up the threaded end, tilt open end down into tissue, puff into threaded end to clear air channel (Boges and the KR8 cartos I use have a defined center air channel and I want to see light through that)
Sop up any loose juice above the stuffing
Cap and let it settle - I lay it on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp so I won't singe the carto. if you use thicker juice than me (I use 20% Vg or less) then you may need to wait much longer.

While vaping, if the vapor gets a bit light or a bit dry or the carto is getting hotter than normal, I take the carto off the battery and add eliquid. I sometimes use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece on Boge and KR8 cartos (not to drip into since the juice would head for the central air channel)

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Let me start off by saying I apologize if I'm somehow doing this incorrectly lol. I started vaping about 2 months ago, and made the sad mistake of starting with a Blu brand starter kit. I was unhappy with that so did a little more research and decided to try out the Joye 510, which I've definitely been diggin. After a week or two of vapin that and more research, I decided to give the 510 cartomizers a try as I was under the impression there would be less refilling necessary. According to reviews I've read/watched, these things should hold about 20+ drops on a refill and generally vape for a good hour or more. Though they vape/taste great, I'm finding that everytime I try to refill, i can only get about 6 drops in before it starts leaking out the battery connection-end. I know I'm letting it dry out completely because I'm waiting until the juice flavour is gone and pop the white rubber cap to check the filler which appears dry and white. Could this somehow relate to the e juice I'm using (18mg hawaiin punch, 24mg tobbaco from awesomevapor) ? The methods I am using to refill are popping the cap and dripping along the sides directly onto the filler or dripping through the hole in the battery end in which case it leaks out the opposite side still after only 5 or 6 drops...Am I doing something incorrectly or what? any help or suggestions would be genuinely appreciated...i feel like a complete idiot not being able to figure this out. just wana get the most outta my cartos/juice. thanks.

I have never used a joye cartomizer so I'm not really sure how much they hold. The boge cartomizers hold just under 1 ml of juice. I can get at least 20+ drops in regardless of the type of juice. Maybe give the boge cartos a try? I know it seems like everytime someone has a question we tell them to buy something different but I really do think the boge cartos are worth the money. Good Prophets has a box of 5 on sale for $5.99. Use the code TVCfriend for 5% off.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I have never used a joye cartomizer so I'm not really sure how much they hold. The boge cartomizers hold just under 1 ml of juice. I can get at least 20+ drops in regardless of the type of juice. Maybe give the boge cartos a try? I know it seems like everytime someone has a question we tell them to buy something different but I really do think the boge cartos are worth the money. Good Prophets has a box of 5 on sale for $5.99. Use the code TVCfriend for 5% off.
Best deal in town IMO! Plus the discount code makes these a steal.

:)Wiz!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
When you fill your cartos and the juice runs straight through, put a condom cup with a .... plug on the battery end so the juice can't run out. This will give the filler material a chance to soak up the juice. I do the Taryn spin also. It's easy, fast and works great. I use a penstyle lanyard to do the spin. Be sure you have a condom cup on both ends of your carto and have the battery threaded end down when you do the spin. Just spin it around a couple dozen times and centrifical force will force the juice to the bottom, then add more juice if the filler is still try on top and spin again. I rarely have to do this more than twice. Works every time.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Make a new thread to ask about the Vgo. With any ecig - if the threaded end of the battery is totally sealed, then all you can flood is an atomizer (blow it out into a tissue), a cartomizer (clean up any leaks, if it have a central air channel open the carto and blow into the threaded end w/ open end down to clear it, make sure and leaks are cleaned up), or get juice on the end of the battery and cause a temporary short so it will flash instead of work (wipe I up).

If an ecig's battery has an open hole in the middle of the threaded end, then if juice gets inside it can damage or kill the battery (not much juice needed to do that with auto batteries). Vgo is probably sealed on the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread