Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Howdy ya'll.

Was thinking of picking up a couple of these. I have a few ProTank 1's, and a few ProTank Mini II's.

Does anyone know if any of the models fit the ProTank 1's? Or are they only good for ProTank 2's?

Also, has anyone purchased these and how did it improve/degrade your vaping experience?

Thanks!

Nothing but love here for the Kanger AFC bases. When you consider that the old single coil heads cost half the new duals, I think an old school PT2 or Mini PT2 with AFC base might be the best value in vaping for a "Grab and go" type vape setup. The ability to adjust your draw and the amount of vacuum in the tank to deal with thicker or thinner juice is huge IMHO.

For the full size tanks there's a revised AFC base now out. Looks nice and I'm sure it works great, just not sure if it's twice as good as the old style (It IS twice as expensive). The mini base is the new style, and with MPT2s now selling around $8 shipped on eBay, the base is almost as expensive as the tank. It's a very nice vape though. I still have a thing for the MPT2s, to me the flavor they put out is about as good as anything Kanger has made.

I really like the Aero Megas and Kanger's new stuff too, but they're definitely very proud of it in terms of what you have to give for both the tanks and heads. So yes, run the AFC bases on your single tanks for sure. The best $3-6 investment you can make in vaping IMHO.

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
Hi All - just an FYI posting. Hope it's useful....

The AFC bases for the mini's are advertised to work with the mini PT3 (new coils), mini PT1 & 2 (old coils). I can definitely say that putting the new base on a mini PT3 will basically get you an Aerotank mini. So if you have mini PT3's laying around, they are definitely worth getting. Obviously you'll have the PT3 chromed finish instead of the SS, but.....

2014-06-27 22.03.47.jpg

The EVOD Glass has *almost* the right shaft length to work with this base. In order to compensate, I removed the top silicone cap from the head and replaced it with a silicone AGA T post insulator. Perfect! You have an EVOD with the Aerotank air flow control. Anyway - it's what I was looking for. Hope it helps.

AeroCoil - EvGlass.jpg

Also - I played around with the EVOD 2 and this new base. The EVOD 2 has a pretty short internal shaft. It will work, but there is quite a gap to bridge. It was a less-than-stellar vape and I wonder if all that extra air in the tank had something to do with that. Also - it just looked empty all the time which I found annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread