Questions about the eGo-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
Hey again folks! I am trying to get a stock of backup items for my incoming eGo-C, but, try as I might to look around, information about this particular unit doesn't seem readily available. Hopefully you guys can clear up some of the nagging questions I have!

I am using this starter kit.

1. Where can I buy the right cartridges for this unit? I can't seem to find them anywhere! iVape.net only has eGo-T cartridges. Are they the same?

2. I desperately want a passthrough battery (the one that can be used while plugged in and on its own), but they all seem to be for the eGo-T, not the C. I guess this is another question about the interchangeability between the two units.

3. Will the Boge 2.0 cartos work with my batteries? What about this tank from MomandPopVaporShop.com?

I usually talk way too much, so I hope this was concise enough.

Thank you guys again for helping me on my PV journey!

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
1. Where can I buy the right cartridges for this unit? I can't seem to find them anywhere! iVape.net only has eGo-T cartridges. Are they the same?

They are the same

2. I desperately want a passthrough battery (the one that can be used while plugged in and on its own), but they all seem to be for the eGo-T, not the C. I guess this is another question about the interchangeability between the two units.

Eeek, not sure I dont have one :(

3. Will the Boge 2.0 cartos work with my batteries? What about this tank from MomandPopVaporShop.com?

Yep that will totally work! Im using mine on that exact battery with zero issues.

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
I think that the batteries are the same arent they? any ego passthrough should work. If the threading is the same, you should be fine?

This store, shows you what is compatible with each device, and it has a Passthrough listed with the Ego-C, i think its pretty standard.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/JOYE_eGo_C_Starter_Kits_Accessories_Joyetech_eGo_C_Elec_s/83.htm

Edit "Joye eGo-C batteries are 510 threaded and compatible with all Joye eGo series atomizers and 510 cartomizers/atomizers."

Last edited:

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Ego, Ego-T, and Ego-C all utilize the same battery, only difference is the atomizers the kits come with. Anything with a 510 thread will work with these batteries as well. The battery passthrough is just an Ego passthrough battery, some vendors might brand it as an Ego-T or Ego-C passthrough just to try and avoid any confusion for the customer as to whether its the right one for them.

Last edited:

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
Ive had mine in for a little over a week with out a problem. I suspect Ill probably get another week out of it, but time will tell. The first one I had didnt die out or anything; but I wanted to change flavors and they were pretty distinct flavors so I changed it out.

Im a pretty heavy vapor (about 6-7 mls a day) so ymmv.

Last edited:

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
The tank is reusable indefinitely unless you break it, which if your clumsy like me and accidentally drop it and then run it over with your car, its a possibility. The life of the carto can vary, some a week, some 2 weeks, some just a few days (sometimes you get a dud). Having it in a tank where its constantly keeping your carto wet with juice is going to extend the life in comparison to not having it in a tank. Sometimes the juice your using plays a factor, I find the darker the juice the faster they go bad.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Coupla thoughts, first on pass-throughs: if it's a 510 & has sufficient power & fairly well-made it doesn't need to be an eGo - pretty much any 510 threaded stuff should run on it. Whatever it is though, a pass-through should be run from a wall or car power source rather than a computer's USB port, for the sake of the 'puter.

On tanks/cartos: I haven't used a tank but the cartos in tanks require a hole or holes punched to allow liquid in at their base. When using a thicker, high VG-content juice, it may not flow into the carto as rapidly as it vaporizes out, in which case the holes may need to be enlarged. Otherwise there will occur a foul, burnt taste, soon followed by a fried carto. However it's done, gotta keep those coils moist or they'll burn out.

Best wishes & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

ksamim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Athens, GA, US
I think I'm going to buy a 1000 mAh passthrough for my eGo and the Mom and Pop Vapor Shop tank with a bunch of Boge 2.0 (single coil, right?) cartomizers as my second big purchase in my vaping career. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Anyone got any ideas where I should buy these on the cheap or, conversely, at a high quality?

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
I like the Boge 2.0 Cartomizers for my Ego Battery. They fit nicely in my mini-sub from mom and pops too, and the draw on them is just right. I have Gorilla's Juice in one of those tanks, and that Juice is SUPER thick and Ive got no problems with it. Good stuff.

I get mine at Crystal Clear Vaping, free shipping FTW!!! They're on sale right now for $19, includes three boxes x5, so 15 in total. These aren't pre-punched so you'd have to punch them yourself. I use a 1/4" Saddle Valve (there are a few You Tube vids out there explaining how to do it). The Saddle Valve thing was $6 at Lowes. I put two holes in my Carto's but that's up to you. I think the Boge Carto that came with my Mini-Sub also had two holes. If you do decide to get it, keep the carto so you know exactly where to punch the hole by comparing it to a new fresh unpunched one.

Crystal Clear Vaping

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Sorry but I don't have a passthrough and can't comment. Just be forewarned that some have fried their PC usb ports and even their MB. NOT ALL but some. Re: tank yes first get the hang of vaping and then if you decide to upgrade you can.
Cheers.

I think I'm going to buy a 1000 mAh passthrough for my eGo and the Mom and Pop Vapor Shop tank with a bunch of Boge 2.0 (single coil, right?) cartomizers as my second big purchase in my vaping career. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Anyone got any ideas where I should buy these on the cheap or, conversely, at a high quality?

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Sorry but I don't have a passthrough and can't comment. Just be forewarned that some have fried their PC usb ports and even their MB. NOT ALL but some. Re: tank yes first get the hang of vaping and then if you decide to upgrade you can.
Cheers.

Excellent point regarding potential damage to the PC. This is true for charging batteries, using a pass-through or whatever - (I've done this but) it's kind of silly to risk frying $XXX.xx or more PC doing something you could have done with a $5 wall charger. Or a $10, or whatever they're gettin' for those things in your neck o' the woods. Also, a pass-through (I think) needs more power than it can draw from a PC's USB port, and it will probably try its best to suck it outta there.

Just a thought... if ya fry your PC we'll miss ya 'til ya get back here, so be careful. Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread