questions and confusion about DiY before i get started....

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
i think my problem is i really do not like certain flavors.
i have vaped a cantaloupe before and loved it, and i've had a lychee and cranberry that was good. any other fruit and i don't really like it.
I also don't like milk flavor.

So i am hoping to find non fruit flavors to work with. Like a danish with out fruit.. granola, oatmeal, peanut butter, coffee's, could possible do a pancake with light syrup.

my all day vapes right now are a peanut butter pie and cinnamon danish. but i pay a pretty penny for those!

when i've looked up recipes they all have fruit!
and i'm sitting here wanting to vape a good pie crust bwhahaha... with out the apple.

or maybe a coffee cake.

just got a new juice that's oatmeal with cinnamon and milk. if it didn't have the milk i think i'd love it.

but i guess, at least i've learned what i definitely don't like.
maybe i can start with that.

maybe i could do pie crust with a whipped cream?
oatmeal with brown sugar and caramel?

i think i'm gonna struggle with trying to get a depth to my juice. since i'm so plain jane.

Let it steep, milk may turn to a more custard/vanilla flavor. Cinnamon is tough, there's a fine line between good and what the heck is that.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
i've based my likes and dislikes on what flavors i've tried in the past.

example i hate cranberry, but a cranberry vape is ok.

strawberry vapes go flat for me really quick. i can vape on it and enjoy it for about a couple hours.

my favorite vape was vanilla, but since the whole diketone thing, i can't find the vanilla flavor i use to like any more.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
oh i hate to eat anything with cinnamon, but i'm loving every cinnamon vape i've tried lately!!

and i really love to eat strawberries and candy and soda.. but vaping it is not working out for me.
Need a told you so button.:lol: Seriously, look up some clone recipes. It will help you understand what you like to vape vs what you like to eat.

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
i've based my likes and dislikes on what flavors i've tried in the past.

example i hate cranberry, but a cranberry vape is ok.

strawberry vapes go flat for me really quick. i can vape on it and enjoy it for about a couple hours.

my favorite vape was vanilla, but since the whole diketone thing, i can't find the vanilla flavor i use to like any more.
I have been searching for a good vanilla since I started DIY 7 years ago and I think I have finally found 2 actually.
Hangsen Vanilla @5 - 6% is the best. Very light tasting vanilla, not heavy like most on the market. Using this as a stand alone, but I have no doubt it would play well with other flavors.

Wonder Flavors Hazelnut and cream is another great flavor. This is also mixed @6% as a stand alone and it just keeps getting better and better.

Surprisingly neither of these requires a long steep unlike most other creams and vanillas on the market. Are good to go in just a couple of days.

You could look at Bull City Flavors, I think they carry both. Sometimes vendors also carry other flavor makers product along with their own.....like nicotine river.

:)

:)

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Need a told you so button.:lol: Seriously, look up some clone recipes. It will help you understand what you like to vape vs what you like to eat.

i can't find any clones of the juices i like, which are few.
mostly stash ejuice. and aroma's ejuice and that's about it.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
@Ladiekali found a clone recipe for Cinnamon Girl. Calls for blueberry, catalan cream, cheesecake, cinnamon, and apple.

Have you tried FLV Rich Cinnamon? It's not a hot cinnamon, but more of a deep bakery cinnamon. It's the bakery cinnamon to end all cinnamons.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Have you tried FLV Rich Cinnamon? It's not a hot cinnamon, but more of a deep bakery cinnamon. It's the bakery cinnamon to end all cinnamons.
No I haven't, not into cinnamon vapes too much myself. Am looking to try an apple pie for a friend tho, will keep that cinnamon in mind.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
i wonder if that's the type of cinnamon i'm looking to try.

i keep buying vendors cinnamon danish's and i don't tste the bakery part. and its not deep in flavor. hmmm.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Since you indicate a liking for coffee flavors, at some point you really should try.....

My ADV for more than a year now is a combination though...of their Lucky Shot @7% + their Lotta Latte @ 6%. It makes what I call "Caramel Latte". @ChelsB calls hers "Lucky Latte", as does @OlderNDirt.

Those are from One Stop DIY Shop and you can pick up 13ml (I think) tester bottles. Mix up both as stand alone, either that you may like, then mix the two together 50/50 for a small tester of the "Caramel/Lucky Latte." Just to give you a "flavor percent range", I mix mine at 10% LL and 10% LS. Very easy mixing for 3 juice flavors!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
i wonder if that's the type of cinnamon i'm looking to try.

i keep buying vendors cinnamon danish's and i don't tste the bakery part. and its not deep in flavor. hmmm.

Flavor West Cinnamon Roll at 12% stand alone is pretty dang good.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Since you indicate a liking for coffee flavors, at some point you really should try.....

Those are from One Stop DIY Shop and you can pick up 13ml (I think) tester bottles. Mix up both as stand alone, either that you may like, then mix the two together 50/50 for a small tester of the "Caramel/Lucky Latte." Just to give you a "flavor percent range", I mix mine at 10% LL and 10% LS. Very easy mixing for 3 juice flavors!

i will that is on my radar.. if they had nic i would have just picked 3 from there..
but i will order those and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread