Questions for Steve about my Prodigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
OH, BTW for those of you with suggestion about the charger. I am 100% confident that the battery is defective.

The charger will not even display a green light when charging the battery alone. The LED goes from red to yellow and stops. My good batteries make the charger go from red to yellow to green.

first battery is bad, second battery is good. The color in the video is not the best but you should be able to get the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOHV_ziPvZU

DW

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
DW ... see my post on Vapers Forum just all of 5 minutes ago :)

You won't see ANY drop on an unloaded circuit ...

I just tested a couple switches:
Unregulated -- Output 6.62v
Regulated -- Output 6.62v

Resistance is only added when the circuit it completed. O, and if the resistor wasn't working, you would see resistance @ infinity, meaning, the Prodigy wouldn't even power up.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
DW ... I don't doubt the battery is likely bad ... We have bad batteries all the time :) I'm assuming you shot Casey an email for a replacement?
Yeah Casey already took care of that. Did I mention she does a great job and you should give here a raise.

PS
Casey, sorry if he makes you work on the roof tomorrow. :(

MVP

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
MN,USA
This happened to me also. I found that the spring connector on the charger was weak on one side, so that only one of the batteries was actually getting charged. I tested this by charging the battery in question on the "good" side of the charger and it charged properly. Sometimes both would charge but it was hit or miss.

The fix was just to bend up the weak spring on the charger to make better contact. I've done 6-7 charges since then and not had a problem.

On my charger one of the negative contacts got pushed down into the charger a little bit and wouldn't make contact. I first thought that I would have to bend it to touch but I just had to pull it back up and it snapped back into place. Now I am careful to put the - end in first then the + end so as not to push the contact back down.

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
Yea, I have that same problem with both of my chargers. Also take a look at the negative end of the batteries, I have one battery that has a nice big dimple in it from the positive and of another battery. That will make it difficult to get good contact on the charger.

There's always the Universal Battery Contact Fix. Just give each end of the battery a nice juicy lick before you plunk it in the charger. Gross it may be, but a nice thick wad of spittle will work wonders! (Taught to me by my then teenage son years ago).

JAFO2RHh

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Cedar Rapids, IA
There's always the Universal Battery Contact Fix. Just give each end of the battery a nice juicy lick before you plunk it in the charger. Gross it may be, but a nice thick wad of spittle will work wonders! (Taught to me by my then teenage son years ago).

Heh, leave it to a teenager to lick something he shouldn't.. ahh the good old days :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread