Questions for the acne people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
What some of us are wondering.....

*If you got acne at the commencement of vaping and the cessation of smoking analogs how long did it take for the condition to come on?

*How much do you vape?

*DID it eventually clear up? How long did it take to do so?

*Have you ever previously quit smoking and experienced this problem?

*Have you ever quit vaping and then restarted again and noticed a worsening of the acne problem?

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I did not get acne, however I think I know why you might get it.
I noticed that the vapor can leave a residue which is oily on your skin. It is an oily liquid to begin with. So if you are like me and let the smoke rise from your mouth rather than blow it out and away from your skin, you may get vapor depositing oil on your skin.

I find my self washing my face half way through the day.

Also, if the oil is on your hair and you transfer it to your bed pillow at night, you could end up getting it on your skin.

Mommyshann

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
Florida, USA
What some of us are wondering.....

*If you got acne at the commencement of vaping and the cessation of smoking analogs how long did it take for the condition to come on?

*How much do you vape?

*DID it eventually clear up? How long did it take to do so?

*Have you ever previously quit smoking and experienced this problem?

*Have you ever quit vaping and then restarted again and noticed a worsening of the acne problem?

I second that...I posted earlier today with basically the same questions NBB. I swear, I think I may have to buy stock in Clearasil soon!...lol. It didn't hit me until about my 5th week of vaping and now it's all out war. I vape about 2 ml a day and while Rob brings up a good point I don't think it is the vapor leaving my face oily. Not only do I have the acne issue by my poor face is dryer than the desert. I've started a daily regimen as of yesterday with twice a day cleaning and two special lotions all in a kit from Neutrogena. After only 24 hours I can say that it's actually helped a lot!

Weegie Burd

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I second that...I posted earlier today with basically the same questions NBB. I swear, I think I may have to buy stock in Clearasil soon!...lol. It didn't hit me until about my 5th week of vaping and now it's all out war. I vape about 2 ml a day and while Rob brings up a good point I don't think it is the vapor leaving my face oily. Not only do I have the acne issue by my poor face is dryer than the desert. I've started a daily regimen as of yesterday with twice a day cleaning and two special lotions all in a kit from Neutrogena. After only 24 hours I can say that it's actually helped a lot!

Hi Mommy, I was doing a search on Glycerine (I read about dilluting juice and wanted to know where to buy the glycerine from) and I found this info from Boots the Chemist: Glycerin BP/Value Health Glycerin BP (Boots Company plc) , SPC from the eMC

Note 4.4: [FONT=Geneva,Verdana]
"Glycerin should be administered with caution to diabetic patients and those at risk of dehydration."
[/FONT]

If this is the same stuff that's being used in liquid/ carts then I'd think there's a good chance this is what's causing the dry skin. Surely, based on that comment, it can/does cause dehydration amongst everyone using it? :confused:

I suffer terribly from dry skin as it is (it doesn't help that I have my central heating on year round - I wish I had shares in Scottish Gas :D) so I'll just stick to my normal moisturising routine, if and when I notice problems I'll report back here. :p

I'm probably totally wrong, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Pegaso

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
Spain
I wrote this in other thread, but I think it could be good in this thread too:

Just go to Saint Google, and search ' pimples "give up smoking" '

You'll see... lots of people who are giving up smoking (not e-cig users), with the same problem with pimples, and them all asking if that's normal ;)

As they don't use e-cigs and have the same symptom, I assume the cause is giving up smoking, and it has nothing to do with vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread