DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
:confused:
I'm still pretty new, I don't have all the knowledge about ohms and whatnot, so I figured I'd better just ask.

I like my 510, and I like tanks. Standard tanks are a bit small, the XL's are better, but the Sapphires look like a good step up.

So, the Sapphires from Got Vapes, can I use them on my standard Joye 510? Would I want to?

If so which one? The 2.2-2.5ohm or the 3.0-3.2ohm?

I see they sell the Sapphire tank system with 510 mega batteries, but it doesn't say anything about what the Sapphires are.

And before all the "try these cartomizers" recommendations come in, I already have several versions, and I use the boge cartomizers for a few juices, but I really do prefer tanks.
I'm also not looking to upgrade to an ego or a mod yet. :p

rwnielsen

Test Pilot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Long Beach CA
Hi and welcome to ECF :)
I bought a few of them and have more on order. They seem to work pretty well. I'm using the 3 ohm variety on an eGo type battery. They are easy to fill and produce good vapor. On the down side....they seem to start tasting a little funky after a few fillings and I had 1 (of 6) leak.
I also have a couple "clearomizers" and "fluxomizers" on order to try out. If someone comes up with a good way to clean the sapphires they might last a while and be cost more effective. I have the egoT tank setup and don't care for it at all. Sapphires are better but they're not the 'ultimate answer'.
As always YMMV :)
Take care
Richard

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The lower the ohms, the harder it is on the battery (since it draws more current) but the hotter/stronger the vape. Small batteries like standard super-mini e-cigs don't last long anyway, and can't put out many amps.

That said, lol, I'd use the 2.x ohm ones and risk it. Have some spare batts, but you'll get a much better vape at 2.2 ohms than at 3.0 ohms. Most of the warnings about LR on super-mini are referring to 2.0 ohm or less stuff as a general rule. You'll get longer life out of the 3.0 ohm stuff however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread