Questions on VG/PV/Distilled water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skwerley

Jun 12, 2009
Texas
I'm new to vaping, had my liberation ATOM (306 i believe) for 2 days now, and already went through the 5 carts it comes with. i have a bottle of 18mg menthol coming in the mail today, and i am finding myself pretty curious about a few things.

I'm always the kind of person to find out how to DIY with every hobby i get into. It's just more fun IMO, but concerning chemicals like nicotine and glycerine, just like the "great" idea to get drunk before you go to six flags, could go from fun to vomit very fast. I just want to pose a few questions.

1. Would cutting the liquid with VG (im assuming thats just regular glycerine?) make the individual fills last any longer? for example, if you fill a cart with regular liquid, as opposed to liquid cut with 15%-20% VG, which one would last longer before a change is needed?

2. I hear that PG gives a throat hit...this confuses me. i thought i knew what throat hit was before i got my PV; the feeling of expansion/heat in your esophagus/lungs. apparently, people name that tickle you get when you vape a "throat hit." which of these issues, if any, am i correct/incorrect about?

3. Would adding a but of VG to my bottle, say the bottom 5th of a vial like you buy at wal-greens, (have some left over from making toothpaste, if thats not confirmation of the above DIY statement i dont know what is) increase vapor production, or would it just screw up the recipie that I ordered? im talking 3-4 drops max left in this vial, i just find that i need more vapor than my 306 gives after the initial few draws.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread