Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
It used to be believed the mesh size affected wicking and TH, as wrapping and wick making become more refined it doesnt seem to make too much difference. with all things being equal - the higher the count the easier juice can travel through the wick and the faster it can do it. on a regulated mod it seems to make almost no difference.

in most cases 500 is overall the best performer, when built right it seems to wick well with very little problems.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I read the above about wicking, smaller means better.
At first 500 shorted and burnt through too easy for me. 400 lasted. I got better at wrapping (I guess) and shorting wasn't as much of an issue. I'm using up my 500 and one of my tend to be thick liquids is having wicking problems.
I pulled out the screw and the liquid travels through the tube fine but it won't come through to the outside.
So far that's the only liquid with that problem, although it is my most used liquid.

I haven't really noticed much of a difference in wicking (until the one that seems clogged).

I suggest you buy a couple precut packs of 400 and 500 to see what you like before jumping into buying a sheet.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
It used to be believed the mesh size affected wicking and TH, as wrapping and wick making become more refined it doesnt seem to make too much difference. with all things being equal - the higher the count the easier juice can travel through the wick and the faster it can do it. on a regulated mod it seems to make almost no difference.

in most cases 500 is overall the best performer, when built right it seems to wick well with very little problems.

Thank you for responding. The RSST's will be my first RBA's. I was think about building one with cotton and the other with mesh to compare. I picked up a single square of 400 size mesh when I was at a B&M. It was the only size they had. When I asked about other sized, the guy didn't even know they was more than one size.

I searched the forums before posting. I could find posts on the mesh size people were using, didn't find any discussions comparing vaping difference between the sizes.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I suggest you buy a couple precut packs of 400 and 500 to see what you like before jumping into buying a sheet.
Exactly what I was thinking. I was trying to pick some up locally, because I do not need any other supplies and don't want to pay shipping charges on just a couple squares. I may stop by a different B&M when I go into town today and see if they have 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread