The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Questions regarding the V2

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by dgriego, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dgriego

dgriego Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I have not seen this posted anywhere so figured I might as well make a new thread on it.

I had problems with my switch which I think I have resolved. My only other problem is battery life. I am not getting much out of them. I loaded a fresh set of batteries last night, vaped a bit for about an hour and went to bed. Batteries would not fire the next morning. I removed the atty before retiring.

I also have a Xhaler which gets a good half day on a fresh set of batteries. I normally take one set with me to work and end up swapping out sometime around 1ish.

When I take the V2 I go through the new set and end up without batteries so I am taking 2 sets with me to work.

Is this normal or is it possible I am having something going on inside that is draining my batteries?

2. Dkrom68

Dkrom68 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    Backwoods NY USA
    Somthing must be wrong are you using RCR123A's I am and get about 10 to 12 hours of real heavy vaping

3. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico

Yes using the exact batteries that was sent with the V2, Tenergy RCR123A's and the V2 vapes great with fresh ones but they are not lasting long at all.

I am doing everything I can think of, I have cleaned it and cleaned it, I have tried using brand new batteries in case some of my batteries are getting old or something. The best I have gotten is about 4 hours, last night was the worst with one hour.

I ordered the other adapters (using 510 now) and am curious to see if maybe it is the adapter, once they arrive I will use another atty and see if there is any difference.

I do notice that the atty gets way hotter than it does on the xhaler. I wonder if maybe it is throwing out too much voltage or something. I have no way to measure that.

4. rejoice

rejoice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2008
    USA KY
    All I get is 4 hours out of them. I thought this is normal. That is all I got out of the V1.

5. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    4 is the best I am getting, and not often. I am at work for about 8 hours, I leave with a fresh set in and am going through 2 more sets before returning home and then changing again sometime in the early evening.

I will keep testing , my other adapters should arrive tomorrow. Will see how they work out.

6. Ladycats

Ladycats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Western North Carolina
    Yep, me too ..

7. YukonBob

YukonBob Full Member ECF Veteran

I get through the whole 8 hour shift with the same batteries with fairly heavy usage. I still take an extra set with me and a couple KR808D-1 batts just to be on the safe side.

8. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    Well there is for sure something wrong, so I think I am going to end up having to send my V2 back for repair.

I put fresh batteries in this morning, had the V2 sitting next to my computer. Just got out of the shower and where it was vaping fine when I posted my last post, it is not doing anything at all now. Batteries are dead

Edit: Batteries that are not working on the V2 are working fine on the Xhaler. So it isn't the batteries.

What do I need to do to send it back in for repair?

9. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    When you had your switch apart are you sure you put it back together correctly? The only thing it could be is the switch or atty. Did you try a different atty? While it's just sitting there did you feel it to see if it's getting hot?

10. Adeem

Adeem Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2009
    You might need to fuss with the switch. I found that even when the switch wouldn't fire up the atty, it still was giving current (tounge test) just obviously not enough. It might explain how a fresh charge would work whereas once it drained a bit it stops. Try scraping the contacts (might also try spinning them round side up) and applying a bit of noalox to prevent corrosion. I think even a bit of corrosion/oxidation can prevent optimal contact and reduce the current enough so that the atty doesn't fire up.I get about 4 hours on my V2...

11. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I was very careful putting the switch back together and am certain it is together correctly.

I have switched attys, many of my 510 attys will not work at all on the V2 but they work fine on the Xhaler.

When I picked it up this morning after the shower it was not hot.

I have not tried anything else with it. I have put it away for now and am hoping I can just send it in for repair or maybe have them send me a new switch to see if that is the problem. I am frustrated with it at this point.

12. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico

I have had the switch apart three times, each time I cleaned inside, scraped the contacts and I have used noalox on it.
    The last time I spun the contacts round side up, I got the best performance out of it with this method but it is not lasting as it works well with fresh batteries but will not fire after awhile vaping.

I am still using the batteries I took out of the V2 this morning in the Xhaler and they are performing fine.

13. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    DG -- You likely have a bad battery. If you check the battery that sits at the bottom of the tube, you will notice a VERY large decrease until it shuts down, while the other battery looks in tip top shape. 1 battery shutting down = no vapor.

I have had a few batteries like this over the past 8-9 months. Within 1-2 hours of vaping, I would notice really bad vapor to the point of it being non-existant. Checked battery voltages, and the one on the bottom would be in the 2.2x V range ... Meaning - No longer supplying current. I would keep the top battery in there and simply replace the bottom battery, and all was swell.

When I find a battery combo that works really well, I actually label "T" and "B" on the batteries so I know which ones goes on top and which one goes on bottom.

14. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico

Cash the bad battery I took out of the V2 is vaping like a champ on the Xhaler so I do not think it is a bad battery.
    I even took them out of the Xhaler and switched them around, the one on the bottom is now on the top and it is working fine.

Also it was a different set of batteries that I put in last night and vaped for about an hour and could not get the V2 to fire this morning so I am certain all my batteries cannot be bad.

All my batteries (I have 6 sets) are labeled as pairs and always used as pairs. I have not labeled them top or bottom.

I really think my V2 is a lemon and would like to get it fixed. I have spent a lot of time trying to fix it with the various posts on the board. I am sure I will love it if I could only get it to work. Right now I am frustrated with it. When it vapes it is wonderful but I need reliability.
    How do I go about getting it fixed ?

15. CaSHMeRe

CaSHMeRe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    Hey DG ... You are more than welcome to send it in to us bud :) I can take a look at it. I'm just not aware of how a switch and/or adapter would have any play as far as how long the batteries lasted? The only thing I can think of is if the contact disk was sliding down off the post and resting across the contact posts giving it a constant discharge? That's about all I can think of.

16. harpo

harpo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Yuba City, California
    DG that's why I asked you if you put your switch back together right.

Steve what's the correct order of components when in the switch? Gasket, washer, disk, etc....?

17. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I have no idea what the problem is, all I know is that it is hit or miss on whether it works. I tried all the switch fixes and I cannot get it to work reliably. Some times it seems to be fine, some times it just won't work at all.

Most of my problems have been with the switch, having to press it real hard and getting intermittent contact, sometimes it vapes sometimes it just sputters and gives a weak vape. I have switched out attys to see if the atty was the problem, they all behave the same; some of them will not work at all on the V2.

I tried the last switch fix and thought that it was fixed. With a fresh set of batteries I can depress the switch and get a great vape on it. Now the problem is that it is only lasting for short periods, then I am back to pressing hard on the switch and getting nothing or almost nothing.

Therefore my only conclusion is that something is not right. Is it the switch; is it the adapter is it something else in the unit? I do not know. All I know is that it is unreliable in its present state. Others are very happy with the V2 and the company has a great reputation (one of the main reasons I purchased one) so I must have got one of the few that is not working correctly.

Do I need a return number to send it back? Do you think that maybe the switch is the problem? If so would it be better to send the entire unit back or just get a new switch? I have no idea what to do I only know that I am not happy.

18. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I did not remove the little thingees from the switch, the washer thingees. I did look at them to make sure there were no pinches or folds but I did not remove them so they should be as they were.

I did have the little spring thingee on the end cap fall off once, but I posted a question on this and Steve told me what to do. I put it back. It appears to be on correctly and is hitting the batteries like it is suppose to.

19. TxJole

TxJole Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Dallas
    OK now you guys have me scared. I'm waiting on my V2 for my wife to use. Knowing her if it goes on the blink even once, she will throw it in her purse never to be seen again. All I read is switch problems and little fixes to get by. Should I cancel my backorder for the V2 or are these bugs worked out? I'm not a fan of spending good money just to have to re-engineer the new product. What are the percentage of the shipped V2's in use, to date, that have switch problems?

20. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I think the problem is small overall. And I do have to say that when mine is vaping right I really do love it, that is one reason I am frustrated that it is not working. I would not worry and I would not cancel the order. Also Puresmoker has been helpful and is working to resolve my issue.

I don't think the bug is a big issue at all, it seems that most people are happy as larks with theirs. it is just when something does not work you tend to see more posts on it. I also heard something about a new switch they are using already so chances are yours will come with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.