Questions with new mods/atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Alright So I've been out of the loop for awhile now and now that I am back I feel so lost and confused. There is the russian, trident, etc.. and I have no idea what they really are, the goods and bads of them. I am getting tired of my evod and iclears. I've been vaping for about 2years now still on analogs but I am cutting down on them as often as I can. Any links or information will be great also decently price suggestions on new stuff that is better than the evod and iclear stuff. I just brought a SVD and I vape around 4.8-5.4volts. I am also trying to get used to watts too now. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this has already been covered but I tried to do some research for the past couple weeks and can't seem to find the right information or not finding them.

mavric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
There is just so much out there now that it's really hard to summon it up into one post. You have an SVD, which is a good mod, and people are still using the iClears but you have stuff like Protanks and Davides as other glassomizers too with mixed success.

Is there anything specific you are looking for? Rebuildables? Mech mods? Cartos?

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
I have used cartos before I switched over to evods and iclears. Is there any new cartos that are good now? I used to do boge cartos. I am pretty open to anything really but I have been suggested trident, russian etc.. and I have no idea what those are and what people mean by doing and using walmart yarn, cotton etc.. I has been confusing me. lol

Sickkboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
IKV cartomizer pretty great from what I've heard if you like cartomzer.

Trident is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (RDA), you have to wrap your coils by yourself with a wicking material (silica, ekowool, cotton). This type of atomizer give you the most flavorful vape IMO.

Russian is kind of a vacuum system atomizer, you wrap your coils too. It use vacuum to feed your juice to wick and to coils. Pretty great vape too.

And for trident and russian, you can search tutorial on youtube, there're tons of it.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
Hmmmm. I have done this with other hobbies and aspects of my life, fall out of the loop for a while, and so much changes while you're gone.

I would recommend watching video reviews of the things you're interested in, asking questions, and maybe find a local shop to handle some of the new gear.

If you have the means, go ahead and buy a few things to try... you can find some great deals out there (the $40 iTaste MVP comes to mind) and discover if you prefer variable voltage/wattage or a straight mechanical battery.. then try inexpensive versions of a few types of atomizers.... say, a Cartomizer, a bottom coil, and a top coil. From these few types, you will decide if you want to go further.

Welcome to the good times ahead.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
IKV cartomizer pretty great from what I've heard if you like cartomzer.

Trident is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (RDA), you have to wrap your coils by yourself with a wicking material (silica, ekowool, cotton). This type of atomizer give you the most flavorful vape IMO.

Russian is kind of a vacuum system atomizer, you wrap your coils too. It use vacuum to feed your juice to wick and to coils. Pretty great vape too.

And for trident and russian, you can search tutorial on youtube, there're tons of it.

I'll look into that carto. Oh ok thanks for letting me know about the trident and russian. I'll have to look at youtube for reviews and more information.

Hmmmm. I have done this with other hobbies and aspects of my life, fall out of the loop for a while, and so much changes while you're gone.

I would recommend watching video reviews of the things you're interested in, asking questions, and maybe find a local shop to handle some of the new gear.

If you have the means, go ahead and buy a few things to try... you can find some great deals out there (the $40 iTaste MVP comes to mind) and discover if you prefer variable voltage/wattage or a straight mechanical battery.. then try inexpensive versions of a few types of atomizers.... say, a Cartomizer, a bottom coil, and a top coil. From these few types, you will decide if you want to go further.

Welcome to the good times ahead.

Yes I need some catching up to do. As for the MVP, I did consider it but instead I got the SVD. I am planning on getting the magneto or so. I have still to learn and mess around with wattage as I'm used to voltage.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Never forget the old but still reliable carto tank. It still is hanging in there as the all day vape for many people.

I found my place with a REO grand and a RM2 which is a bottom fed rebuildable dripping setup. Not too bad for a little old lady :)

yes still remember those, tried those here and there but didn't find what worked for me. evods and vivi novas seemed to do it more for me than those tanks. Could be I didnt find the one that worked for me. Wouldn't mind trying a couple different set ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread