Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
I was bored tonight waiting for my dryer to finish.
So as I was looking at my white M201 I thought, I wish I could make it look different.
Then I saw a pack of Avery clear adress lables #18663, they are 2x4 so a little big. But i said what the heck.
I had some tattoo art pick I'd found on the web so I printed up some on the lables with my inkjet printer. Except for my trimming skills to be a little better they worked pretty well. Avery has other sizes that may be a little closer to what is needed but I don't remember them off hand.
Any way this is what I got.The first pick is on my battery and the second is the rest of the sheet.

Attachments

• Skin1.jpg
    Skin1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 394
  • E cig skins2.jpg
    E cig skins2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I thought about selling the skins they are just printed vinyl but there was not enough interest in them for me to order the patterned material..

Does the vinyl have a sticky back? I imagine a sign shop would make some for me and I could cut them to fit my different PVs. I like the idea, but not the probable cost. I wonder if a Kinko's type quick printer would have vinyl-type labels, maybe?

jzr1024

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
East Coast Buffalo, NY
try Future Floor wax or Decal Clear Coating (you have to swab it on with a brush it does not come in a spray) found at just about any model hobby shop.

i used this stuff for clear coating custom decals because regular model clear coat spray would always crinkle the decals.

to get a nice tight seam just overlap your decal a tad bit and ever so carefully cut through the overlap to the battery with an xacto knife.

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
Does the vinyl have a sticky back? I imagine a sign shop would make some for me and I could cut them to fit my different PVs. I like the idea, but not the probable cost. I wonder if a Kinko's type quick printer would have vinyl-type labels, maybe?

yes it has a sticky backing.. it is what stuff like the decals in car windows.. car wraps.. the decals on semi's ext are made of..

printed vinyl has the design on it when you buy it.. so that liquids would not destroy the image..

the sign shop would be good.. but to make it cheap you would need to probably buy a lot of pieces.. since it would require them to program the cutter to cut the size and where the button is on the pv. My brother owns all this equipment so for me it is just seeing the cost to get the printed vinyl

If you are good with scissors.... look online for printed vinyl or go there and ask if they have scrap pieces that are large enough and you can probably get what they consider trash for a few cents.. then cut it yourself.. if they cut it they would charge a bit but the button hole would probably come out better

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread