Status
Not open for further replies.

zenoth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Oregon, USA
www.youtube.com
Hello again all, just a few follow up questions after a few weeks of vaping.

I have been refilling my own carto's sense about...day 4 of vaping (kind of just jumped right into it)
and after a while of reusing the origional carto's I had when I started it was time to cycle them out.

So I got some empty premium cool carts from v4l, and my curiosity got ahold of me and I ordered a 3.5ml dual coil tank that came with a 808d threaded dual coil 1.5 +/- 0.02 ohm carto with a little flange at the bottom that is kind of nice.

My first question: Is the 1.5 ohm dual coil carto's a LR carto?? I've seen some LR carto's online saying 1.7 ohms and with the +/- 0.02 that would put this one at 1.7 ohms. The vapor king cool carts I ordered along with it don't have a ohm label on the box they came in, but I'd assume they are 2.0 at the most 3.0 at the least ???

One thing I have noticed for sure is that the vapor I get when using the tank system is warmer richer tastier and a more pronounced throat hit, from the warmer vapor, than what I get from the vapor king cool carts I also ordered. I have noticed the dual coil drains my battery a bit faster (~4 to 5 hours of use instead of the ~5 to 6 hours of use ; cig2o pro batteries, 2 count) which is what lead me to think it may be a LR carto sense I'm running a slim line auto battery. If it is indeed a LR carto, it would be nice to know for sure so I can know to swap out the carto with a regular self punched carto, or order some more of the 1.5 ohm dual coils for that super fulfilling rich warm vapor cloud.

Also on the point of refilling, I now have 3 drip tips and I was wondering....is it better to leave a carto that is not in use, just sitting with the drip tip still on it, or will it 'dry out' faster than a carto with it's 'stock' end cap on it. I tend to put cartos back in their condoms when not in use, and have the drip tip on the one i'm using, but...now that I have multiple drip tips I leave them on the carto's I was using them with, and was wondering if this was a bad idea, or at least cuts out on the freshness of taking off the drip tip and replacing the original end piece and putting back in the condom, or if it makes no difference at all xD.

As always, thank you again for your reply's and information if greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

- Zenoth :vapor:

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
For 1.5 ohm it is a low resistance carto. 1.5 ohms is designed to make a 3.7v device vape like a 5v device. Batteries that are semi disposable may have a shorter battery life and overall lifespan if you're using LR. 1.5 ohms LR 2.0-2.5 Standard 2.5+ HV.

Re: cartos If you can put the cap right over your drip tip. I'm just assuming that the carto will dry out faster if exposed to air with the open end of a drip tip but don't know if the difference will be noticeable.

Hope that this helped and welcome to the ECF

zenoth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Oregon, USA
www.youtube.com
^^ Thank you for the info Huffelpuff! It's good to know for sure, because after going from tank to cartomizer for flavor change ups (going from the 1.5 dual coil, to a regular 2.0ohm carto) I've noticed that I am definitely a fan of LR, I know it's draining my batteries faster, but that's just motivation to upgrade to a Lava Tube faster. LR = nom nom nom in my humble opinion xD.

Thanks for the tip on drip tips as well, i well try just slipping the carto condom over the drip tip, most likely not a noticeable difference but....better safe then sorry or in this case better fresh then dratty ^^.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
In general LR stuff should only be used on 450mah+ fat batteries and mods, not on slim models at all

And it doesn't matter how many coils it it - what could damage the battery is the high total current draw. Slim ecigs in general have weaker electronic switches/protection not designed to deal with high current going it nor being pulled out of the battery. All the dual coil means is you are really getting double cool vapor, not hot vapor, but that does not change the total power needs of the DC carto which is identical to a 1.5 ohm hot single ohm carto or atty.

Some won't even use 1.5 ohm on mass-produced fat batteries and will only go that low on mods. And some mods even refuse to run 1.5ohms or limit their voltage to reduce wattage

What I use on KR8 are the hotter V4L WOW cartos (I recommend their black delrin drip tip as a cool mouthpiece) and the Bloogplanet and SmokelessImage cartos (nice 2.6ohm bottom coils - cooler at the lip end due to placement of coil).

Last edited:

zenoth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Oregon, USA
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the reply's. Yea I just went back the the v4l sight and noticed the "3.5ml dct-808d style" has been changed to "3.5ml dct 510 style" not sure if they sold out or just decided that the 6ml would be better for 808d style, I dunno but it's a little funky. Would be a shame if they were meant for their new ego 2's with the 808d threads, I watched a video review of the tank I ordered and it seemed to be a v4l made video, because as well as plugging the tank they were plugging their newer 808d manual battery.

Dormouse - would it be safer / better for the battery if i just took the sticker off of one of the Vapor King carts I have and just wash and punch one of those and use it in the tank until I get a better bat. That Ego2 looks nice, but the kits the same price as a LT kit, and I really want to go VV to dial in juices ^^. Also funny you should mention their black drip tips, the tank came with a black delrin drip tip and a clear plastic one, that black drip tip looks real nice on the green vapor kings ^^

This is the video I watched a few times ( DVCT Dual Coil Vertical Tank How To Fill - A Quick Tutorial - YouTube ) where he was using the exact tank I ordered (the 1.5 +/- 0.2 carto came in it) on one of the v4l slimline batteries. Do those have a higher mah then the cig2o batteries? I've searched for days online and could not find the mah for cig2o batteries and I don't have a volt meter or anything like that in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread