Quick Q re LDO (5v regulator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I think it has metal heatsink under the plastic..the one I cut open one time did anyway. May not be the same...dunno. Let us know if you do, I was thinking the same.

Exactly.. I took one for the team and the plastic part easily crumbles away leaving a piece of failry thick copper that is shaped the same as the plastic. It does not appear to have any circuitry under there. But once you hack the plastic is seems to run amock down the sides of the regulator also.

Have you seen the new 5 volt, 3 amp regs we have? They are about the same size as the fairchild one without the tab part and you can solder to the back of them. MadVapes LLC

hoog

hoog

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Have you seen the new 5 volt, 3 amp regs we have? They are about the same size as the fairchild one without the tab part and you can solder to the back of them. MadVapes LLC

hoog

hoog

Yep, will be trying out your newer stock of 5v regs with the next order and the buttons, along with the C cell boxes and a few more 801 attys. But to finish this 2nd 5v 3AA Nico, I'll substitute the push-button for the horn. BTW your Cola liquid grows on ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread