Quick Question about Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
I have been using a KR808 since Jan then order a 401. I received it yesterday and the questions I have are...

1. How the heck do I get that NASTY tobacco smell out of the atty and the carts? It's smells and taste like burnt butterscotch. Can I just use a regular vodka instead of pure grain?

2. When I have the cart on the PT within 2 drags the atty gets hot can someone explain as simple as possible how to fix this? It's a high bridge.

3. Could it be that the PT is making the atty hot b/c of the higher voltage b/c it doesn't get hot when I just have the battery attached.

I know this has been discussed before but when I did a search I got other results. Please don't shoot me. :oops:

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
I use a 510, so far to clean my atty I've been using about a week, I just occasionally blow through the threaded end of the atty onto a piece of tissue for about 30 seconds. It gets a good chunk of old fluid out. This also worked for me with the primer fluid with new attys.

I know this doesn't specifically address the whole issue, but it helps me.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I don't have a 401 or a 901 but with 801s and especially 510s, there's a ton of primer in the atomizer. Hold a tissue over the open end and blow into the threaded end. Then set it up to drain onto a tissue or towel (open end down.)

When you start vaping with it don't inhale your first few puffs so you can burn off any primer left. Then put nice tasting primer in -- a couple of drops of the liquid you are vaping directly into the atomizer.

If the problem is that your kit came with pre-filled carts, I sympathize with you. I got one set of 5 that were filled with "Marlboro" (*shudder*). In the future, buy blank carts. But for now, take the white filling out. If you have clean filling toss it. Otherwise, wash it (just lots and lots of water) and put it on a paper towel to get it 100% dry. Then wash the mouthpiece itself (you can even use soap on that as long as you rinse it well.)

Good luck.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
I order 6 packs of empty 401 carts but 2 of the attys were already assembled with the tobacco carts. I'll try the suggestions you gave me. But how do I stop the atty from becoming hot? It doesn't taste burnt when I take a drag so I'm guessing the atty isn't dry. But like I stated b4 within 2-3 drags they are way hot :( I always take the slow drags too.

I got the KR808 down packed lol Now this 401 is another challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread