Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Think I was using a bad atty. The Reo protected it self by contracting the spring. Wondering what I need to do to make it normal again. New atty and 4 hours later the spring still is contracted. Any help will be appreciated. I looked for the answer but it is not here or I did not look hard enough. Thanks for the help.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Aaron :)
A short occurred and you are correct, the spring collapsed in order to stop the flow of power from doing further damage to the mod and the battery. The spring will not right itself. You can stretch the spring back out and continue to use, but it's heat sensitivity is now greatly diminished. I strongly advise that you order a new spring. If you don't feel comfortable replacing the spring yourself, you can send your mod back to Rob and have him repair it.

:laugh: and what Rob said.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Is the spring covered by the warranty? I just got the reo a little over a month ago.

Aaron, couple of things, don't screw your Atty's down so tight, also what Atty's are you using ? there where some HH-357's a ways back that the threads where not a match, there may be some others that could have these threads possibly too, let us know what Atty's you where running please. Something created this short to make your spring melt down, this is what we need to know in order to help you so it doesn't happen on you again.

Last edited:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Oh I was using a DCC atty. Amazing flavor but ...... about what happened. Hope it is not a problem with the dcc and something just happened strange because I ordered one in every ohm yesterday. Was using the same atty since vaperfest in vegas a couple of months back. I was trying different combinations of different volt batteries when that happened :( Think the combo of a 1.5 ohm atty and 6v might have been part of the problem. Think DDC use something other than ohms law because the atty was filled with juice but did not taste like it was at 24 watts. Not sure exactly. Just upset the springs went down. At least I am getting a 3.5 ohm one that might work great with the back up mod. But I really think they work great on the reo. :( Hopefully I will get it fixed soon. Any problems with DCC working with reos? Thanks all for the help.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
The voltage you were using wasn't part of the problem because those attys are wired in parallel with two 3.0Ω coils. They can run at 6 volts just fine, provided the user likes two of those coils working together at that voltage. Shorts are caused when the positive and negative contacts complete the circuit regardless of the button being depressed. Faulty insulators in attys, cartos, or adapters are usually the culprit. Over tightening can cause a short too.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Is the spring covered by the warranty? I just got the reo a little over a month ago.
If there is a problem with the mod yes it would be replaced no charge to you. The only way it could be the mod is if you had a faulty center pin gasket.Grands and mini reos have a one year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread