Quick question on vapor production and the strength of the hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
As in the topic title, I'm wondering if there's a correlation between the amount of vapor, the amount of PG/VG, and the strength of the nicotine 'hit' experienced from a single puff. I started with an unknown mixture of PG/VG that produced a rather natural vapor cloud equivilent to that of an analog, which looked nice, and did provide a nicotine hit after several puffs. I have since started filling my own cartos with 100% PG-based liquids in the same or lesser strengths and am experiencing near immediate nicotine rushes while vaping them, even after only one or two puffs, however there is little to no visible vapor production on exhalation, which I understand is most likely due to the 100% PG nature of the liquid. My question is, can the vapor production be increased without affecting the hit itself, or will I need to strengthen my juices past my usual 12-18mg level after diluting with VG? I am aware dilution will decrease the strength of the mix by nature, but assuming I mixed 12mg PG, and 12mg PG/VG in say, 80/20 ratio, would I receive the same hit strength from both or will the very presence of VG in the liquid lower the absorption of nicotine per puff?

Semi-related, adding menthol crystals to a mix, will that drastically effect anything besides the taste/numbing quality of the vape? I have a very nice clove flavor here but I also found myself enjoying mentholated cloves, and I would like to cut half the juice with menthol crystals or liquid so that I have the option of either..I enjoyed waking to a menthol to clear the aftertaste from my mouth after a night's sleep and it seems I'm more sensitive to strong flavors in the mornings as well, hence seeking the soothing effect of the menthol in the AM hours. Thoughts or comments would be much appreciated on the matter.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Assuming all conditions are the same (battery, tank or clearo, coil resistance) what increases throat hit is pg to vg ratio and nicotine level. The more pg, more TH, the higher nicotine, the same. There is a compromise, and I think for what you want you need to raise the nicotine level or maybe add some menthol, which some persons say raises the TH too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread