Quick update..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Not sure if anyone remembers my other threads but here they are.. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/579636-have-i-made-mistake.html

and this one.. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/580416-change-plans.html

To summarize I am a pack a day smoker and I ordered the Joyetech 510 and realized I probably needed something better. Well I received the Joyetech Monday afternoon @ 3.30pm. I tried to stop smoking instantly, and tried smoking the menthol flavour juice. Well I got a pretty killer headache by 5.30pm and needed to smoke a few cigs. By 7.30pm I decided to try vaping again, but the other juice I ordered. That went better, but I still had a couple more smokes at around 10.30pm.

Tuesday morning I woke up and decided I needed to go to the local store to get a better PV, easier said than done as I was struggling massively, I tried not to have a morning ciggie , I was at the store at 9am but couldn't go in , I had to chain smoke a few smokes to get out the car. So I eventually forced myself to go into the store, I ended up getting the kanger emow for $80, apparently it's new? I had to leave the store like 3 times during the transaction lol @ 1 point leaving to have a smoke cos I was so wired. I managed to find someone to lend me some better juice as well, only 1 tank full but it sure helped. Had another cig at 4.50pm and felt like I was going to have a break down at 10pm tuesday night so had another 1 then as well. Total of about 6 for the day.

Wednesday I realized I hadn't been having enough , I had been toking as rarely as possible because I had a bit of a swollen ankle which I had no idea why, turns out it can happen when quitting smokes apparently, Based on tuesday mornings freak out I decided I would have the morning ciggie and go for as long as possible after that. I went back to the store again and got a mini pro tank 3 and a vision spinner battery which I think I actually prefer combined with the emow tank, over the emow battery. I lasted til 4.50pm before I freaked out again. Total 2 smokes for the day.

That brings us up to date, currently 7.21am thursday morning Australia time, been up since 6.15am, decided to try and not have the morning smoke again, so far so good. Don't know how long it will last, but I can only try. Did I get decent stuff from the store? .. And thanks to everyone for the help, thought I should just give a quick update and give thanks.. So cheers!

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Stop beating yourself up, and have a cigarette when you want one. That's the advice I have given everyone who I've helped get started vaping, and I stand buy it. My sister after I got her all set up with a nice ego twist(functionally identical to that spinner, and a great choice starting out) barely used it for a month, then randomly called me three and a half months in and told me she hadn't had a cigarette in three days and couldn't believe it. She said she was just hoping it would help her cut down, which it did, but that she never thought she'd quit smoking as long as she was alive. She wears the thing on a lanyard with her everywhere these days, and she admits she's slipped up once or twice, but proudly considers herself a nonsmoker for going on a year at this point.

This isn't a race, set your own pace, forgive your slip ups, and enjoy your vape. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal, I've seen those emow kits go for about $60 USD, no idea how that compares to Aussie dollars, but I imagine it's either pretty close, or a little high, but you usually pay a bit of a premium walking in to a store. Best wishes, and good luck.

ColeyLikesBacon

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Toronto
Side- effects were a bit weird for me too. My switch from stinky to vapey was easy, except for the dehydration & related cramps & ......... 10 days in I developed a rash up & down the entire left side of my body. My sense of taste went on a roller coaster - I hated my favourite beer for a few days which really scared the crap out of me.

My first week I had great luck with a Kanger EVOD2 kit & MBV Hawk Sauce. It's been my go-to ever since even after accumulating more equipment. Now just coming up on 4 months smoke free.

smittytoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Texas
You’re torturing yourself unnecessarily, unless someone is forcing you to do this. When I decided to try
vaping instead of smoking, I vowed not to torture myself, and if I had to smoke I would, and that would
not mean I had failed. I smoked and vaped 11 weeks, then one day I just decided to try going a day
without the cigs. So far I’ve not smoked for six weeks, but I have an open pack of cigs in my desk drawer
and a carton less that one pack in a kitchen drawer. If I decide to go smoke now, or tonight, or tomorrow,
that’s my decision.
The next time you’re craving a cig, vape some high nic for twenty or thirty minutes, or whatever it takes,
then if you’re still craving, have a smoke and enjoy it.
Good luck, and enjoy the ride!

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Sorry if it sounds like I'm torturing myself, that's not what I was trying to convey lol. I just figure the quicker I stop the smokes the less time until it's all out of my system. I will have 1 if I feel like I need to and can't cope, I just want to limit that to being the only time I smoke tho. It's just a adjustment, training your brain not to go to the cigarettes but to the PV. I think I'm getting there slowly. I know I couldn't have given up cold turkey in a million years, so this has been a great result to date.

Rockne

Jul 4, 2014
Pensacola, FL
It took me over 2 months to completely stop smoking while switching to ecigs. Take it in your stride. When you find a juice and set up that makes you happy, you will quit. Also I started at 12mg Nic juices and realized it was not enough, I have a few 18mg I mix in when I get a huge craving and that is what finally did the trick for me. Best of Luck. You can do it!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf mick500. So glad you are here. Lots of help and support are here for you if you need it. I personally did both for a good while and didn't really mean to quit smoking. It just got to the point where I preferred vaping. The transition was absolutely pain free. Coming from someone who smoked for 40 some years, should tell ya you can do it too. I tried everything from patches, gum, Chantix and even stuffing straws with cotton. Just be good to yourself and have fun. Good luck to you and happy vaping. :)

Margie123

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2014
Mount Vernon Wa.
Have patience with yourself. I stared vaping 6 weeks ago and I am having one cigarette a day. This from a 50 year pack a day smoker.
But it's not about what you smoke a day it's about all the ones you don't smoke. If your down to 6 a day that's 14 your not smoking. Hang in there and vape when you are craving a cigarette and you'll give it up eventually. In the meantime don't beat yourself up. Your doing great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread