BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
View attachment 1088

View attachment 1089

View attachment 1090

Another tirevalve (maddog) passthru made in about 30m using the whole valve. The rubber casing is comfortable to hold. The center contact is a wire with a glob of solder and it is held in place by filling the valve stem with silicone. Mini switch soldered directly to the stem and glued to the rubber. Wait for the silicone to dry before using. Wires come out the back and are also held firmly by the silicone.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Wow I went out looking for valve stems and found all kinds. At a custom wheel shop I found chrome, aluminum, stainless steel, colores, and different lengths. At a tractor dealer I found long ones, and at a bicycle shop from old inner tubes I found stems with small nuts that hold them to the rim. I now have connectors for all my future mods.
I improved my mod by soldering a 1/4 in. of spring from a ballpoint pen to the positive lead instead of a glob solder. This eliminates false contacts from different vaporizors as some are more recessed than others

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
BJ, do you have a sketch or some sort of detailed pictured instructions to make one of these?

Also, will this work with the pen style?

Thanks,
Paul

No, pen style has different threads.
No sketch but look at the pics. One terminal of the switch is soldered directly to the brass stem and the other to black (-) usb wire. Solder 1/4 in. piece of a spring like those used in ballpoints to a 4in. piece of covered wire. Pull this positive terminal through the stem filled with silicone leaving the spring centered and flush with the threads. Let the silicone dry. Connect this to the red (+) usb wire. It is best to test it for continuity before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread