Quick way to turn a storebought 80vg 20pg 0nic mix to 60pg 40vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
My friend bought a big bottle 237ml of American tobacco from Mt baker vapor. He added 1 extra flavor shot and ordered it at 80vg/20pg with no nic. So my question is since i have my own pg what is a good and simple method to figure out how much pg I would need to add to make at least even a 30ml bottle around 60vg/40pg? any help would be great. I have tried ejuice me up but it wont help for what i need. Reason why I want to dilute the juice is because the high vg juices don't work to well in my natilus and this juice in particular is really dark and thick. I always prefer a higher pg ratio when vaping tobacco flavors, so it doesn't clog the filters so quick, and the flavor and throat hit are noticeably more strong. I do not sub ohm vape often and I really enjoy the mouth to lung over the direct lung hits, it's the only way I will vape tobacco ejuice. Any help would be great guys.

Last edited:

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
would also like to note that I am not to picky about things being %100 perfect. I just really want to know how much pg i should add to the American tobacco blend that's 80vg / 20pg so I can bring the overall ratio to 60pg 40vg in a 30ml bottle. No additional flavorings would need be added since there was already a extra shot added so even with the additional pg the flavor should still be nice

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    To go from 80% VG to 40% would mean adding PG equal to the amount of original juice. It will strongly cut flavor and also half the nicotine. I have converted some dripper juice to clearo juice, I add a small amount of PG, some high strength nic (as I want more nic than I started with), and possibly a small amount of distilled water. Or use more water and no PG -- even then, no more than 1 drop per mL.

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
    what about cutting the 80vg to 60vg and bringing up the 20pg to 40? and the is no nic in the juice or the pg. I will add the nic after. How many mls of pg do you think i would need to bring the 80vg to 60vg and get the 20pg to 40pg? and the juice i bought does have a extra flavor shot so hopfully this will help the flavor not disapate to much

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Algebra:
    x + .2(1-x) = .4
    x + .2 - .2x = .4
    .8x = .2
    x = .2/.8 = .25
    Added PG needs to be 25% of the total result, i.e. 3 parts juice 1 part PG

For other % using that juice:
    addedPGfraction = (desiredtotalPGfraction - .2)/.8
    multiply fraction by 100 to get %

Of course you're looking for desired thickness and results, exact numbers don't matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread