Quit making fruity colored ecigs! Are you with me! Lets burn this motha down boogie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, so heres what I think. The more all these red, green, yellow and blue egos and varients come out with there matching led lights and multicolor bases with matching cleros come out, the more ecigs are seen as a fad that appeases to the youth of America. In a time where the future of this business is uncertain, I wish that all these (mostly cheap) ecigs, that are meant to accessorize your clothes it would seem, or look super rad when vaping at the mall, would cease and desist. NOW, dont get me wrong. I like a good looking mod as much as the next guy. An awesome looking mechanical with a sleek stainless steel body and an Ithika or such atop. But that looks more "professional" that the bubblegum purple ego with blue led and red ce4 on top with a skull driptip. Im sure many will disagree with me here, but FOR THE TIME BEING, when we know its gonna be used agaisnt us. Id like it if we had a more grown up look to vaping. It doesnt have to look like a medical device or boring, but the models that appear to be right up a tweens alley might should hold off a bit till we have some security here. So thats MY opinion. Get a pretty vv or a mech, specially the ss and brass mods, hel1 even rock the colors if you want, im not saying dont, but not the super bubblegum tween looking super accessorized "my ego ate a rainbow" crap. Yes Sir.

ScootenNewton

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
I'm not disagreeing at all, but like many other people and myself have said before, kids are gonna try it. I wish my friends in middle school would have showed me an e-cig rather than a Marlboro 100. I personally think, and its opinion based, the ones that are trying it are ones that were moving towards smoking anyway. No matter what happens, what colors there are, what flavors there are, people are going to frown upon vaping. The whole "kids are starting to vape" is just a way to try to control us like they controlled me when i smoked analogs. It's a way for the FDA to get involved so they can start taxing the stuff because they have seen a drastic drop and they are blaming e-cigs. Which is part of the cause. I don't know... I'm not arguing, its just my opinion.

edit- It really shouldn't matter what device they get, or what it looks like. Some Women want pink, some men want red. That's how me and my wife were the first time we bought e-go's. (now i have a bland looking i-taste svd) My point is, a lot of people have turned it into a hobby, like me, and want everything they can get their hands on, so they can fiddle with it and show it off.

Last edited:

Wallelf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Heathsville, VA, USA
You're not the boss of me :p

IMG_20130915_215244_745.jpg

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm not disagreeing at all, but like many other people and myself have said before, kids are gonna try it. I wish my friends in middle school would have showed me an e-cig rather than a Marlboro 100. I personally think, and its opinion based, the ones that are trying it are ones that were moving towards smoking anyway. No matter what happens, what colors there are, what flavors there are, people are going to frown upon vaping. The whole "kids are starting to vape" is just a way to try to control us like they controlled me when i smoked analogs. It's a way for the FDA to get involved so they can start taxing the stuff because they have seen a drastic drop and they are blaming e-cigs. Which is part of the cause. I don't know... I'm not arguing, its just my opinion.

edit- It really shouldn't matter what device they get, or what it looks like. Some Women want pink, some men want red. That's how me and my wife were the first time we bought e-go's. (now i have a bland looking i-taste svd) My point is, a lot of people have turned it into a hobby, like me, and want everything they can get their hands on, so they can fiddle with it and show it off.

yup.. my first cig was Kent... absolutely the unsexiest brand out there.....
the packaging doesn't matter.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I didn't start smoking because smokes were pretty, and I doubt that teenagers are going to start because ecigs can be. The teenagers that started vaping probably would of tried smoking anyways ( also that study that said that teenage ecig usage doubled asked if they had used one in The last 30 days, not if they were a regular user). Because of the way the question was asked the study has been blown out of proportion.

AprilRain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2009
Oklahoma City
I love my fuchsia pink SID... thankyouverymuch. You wanna take away my gummy bear juice too? I'm sick to death of the world revolving around "the children". How about PARENTS take care of their own flippin' children and leave me the hell alone? You know what George Carlin said about "the children"... and I AGREE! (I miss George!)

I would like to acknowledge the fact that I am a 40 (sumpin' sumpin') year old lady who loves and appreciates candy flavors and bright colors as much as any tween/teen....my daughters like bright colors and candy too but have no interest in my vape because of my serious parenting skillz.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
I love my fuchsia pink SID... thankyouverymuch. You wanna take away my gummy bear juice too? I'm sick to death of the world revolving around "the children". How about PARENTS take care of their own flippin' children and leave me the hell alone? You know what George Carlin said about "the children"... and I AGREE! (I miss George!)

THANK YOU!

I just felt that was in order. Why do I need to be the one responsible for what other people's children do? I chose not to have kids for a reason...

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

and I say THANK YOU too
I am really tired of being responsible for other peoples kids...
when I was young my parents way of child-proofing a lighter?
a slap on the hand and an order to "don't touch that it isn't yours"
and it worked...........

ps....it worked because my parents didn't think it was all that bad if we were slightly scared of them and their consequences lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread