The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Quit making fruity colored ecigs! Are you with me! Lets burn this motha down boogie!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Gary Mcroy, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Gary Mcroy

Gary Mcroy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ok, so heres what I think. The more all these red, green, yellow and blue egos and varients come out with there matching led lights and multicolor bases with matching cleros come out, the more ecigs are seen as a fad that appeases to the youth of America. In a time where the future of this business is uncertain, I wish that all these (mostly cheap) ecigs, that are meant to accessorize your clothes it would seem, or look super rad when vaping at the mall, would cease and desist. NOW, dont get me wrong. I like a good looking mod as much as the next guy. An awesome looking mechanical with a sleek stainless steel body and an Ithika or such atop. But that looks more "professional" that the bubblegum purple ego with blue led and red ce4 on top with a skull driptip. Im sure many will disagree with me here, but FOR THE TIME BEING, when we know its gonna be used agaisnt us. Id like it if we had a more grown up look to vaping. It doesnt have to look like a medical device or boring, but the models that appear to be right up a tweens alley might should hold off a bit till we have some security here. So thats MY opinion. Get a pretty vv or a mech, specially the ss and brass mods, hel1 even rock the colors if you want, im not saying dont, but not the super bubblegum tween looking super accessorized "my ego ate a rainbow" crap. Yes Sir.

2. UntamedRose

UntamedRose PV Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 23, 2010
    Homeish now
    Oh stop judging folks and move on

3. Mike Sheda

Mike Sheda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    but I need a pretty glow tank!!!!

4. ScootenNewton

ScootenNewton Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm not disagreeing at all, but like many other people and myself have said before, kids are gonna try it. I wish my friends in middle school would have showed me an e-cig rather than a Marlboro 100. I personally think, and its opinion based, the ones that are trying it are ones that were moving towards smoking anyway. No matter what happens, what colors there are, what flavors there are, people are going to frown upon vaping. The whole "kids are starting to vape" is just a way to try to control us like they controlled me when i smoked analogs. It's a way for the FDA to get involved so they can start taxing the stuff because they have seen a drastic drop and they are blaming e-cigs. Which is part of the cause. I don't know... I'm not arguing, its just my opinion.

edit- It really shouldn't matter what device they get, or what it looks like. Some Women want pink, some men want red. That's how me and my wife were the first time we bought e-go's. (now i have a bland looking i-taste svd) My point is, a lot of people have turned it into a hobby, like me, and want everything they can get their hands on, so they can fiddle with it and show it off.

5. Wallelf

Wallelf Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2013
    Heathsville, VA, USA
    You're not the boss of me :p

IMG_20130915_215244_745.jpg

6. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    I think choice is good and half the fun of this. I don't want prissy stuff, but someone out there does or they wouldn't be making them.

7. RobinBanks

RobinBanks Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    OK, I'll vape boiled potato flavor on a black pv with no lights.

8. Mike Sheda

Jul 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL

yup.. my first cig was Kent... absolutely the unsexiest brand out there.....
    the packaging doesn't matter.

9. Mike Sheda

Jul 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    wait.. they have boiled potato flavor? I bet that would go good with my roast beef!

10. williebb123

williebb123 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

you are 100% wrong , the FDA will do what ever it wants its after that the amount of backlash they get from joe public will determine the outcome , the most popular selling sports car is red got to remember us grownups are kids too

11. Chiku

Chiku Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    I didn't start smoking because smokes were pretty, and I doubt that teenagers are going to start because ecigs can be. The teenagers that started vaping probably would of tried smoking anyways ( also that study that said that teenage ecig usage doubled asked if they had used one in The last 30 days, not if they were a regular user). Because of the way the question was asked the study has been blown out of proportion.

12. Tvan

Tvan Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    NY
    The color of the PV's isn't the problem.

13. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use colorful mods at the discotheque.

14. Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Tiffany Smeggin Peak Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Wilton IA USA
    as long as they don't take my flavors...
    i have a zombie wrap on my mvp
    i can see how that is eye catching and pretty....

15. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
    but I like my pink provari mini and my purple one too and my yellow Reo VVG amd my blue metallic VVG too

16. AprilRain

AprilRain Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2009
    Oklahoma City
    I love my fuchsia pink SID... thankyouverymuch. You wanna take away my gummy bear juice too? I'm sick to death of the world revolving around "the children". How about PARENTS take care of their own flippin' children and leave me the hell alone? You know what George Carlin said about "the children"... and I AGREE! (I miss George!)

17. Junquemail Contessa

Junquemail Contessa Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    NW Arkansas
    I would like to acknowledge the fact that I am a 40 (sumpin' sumpin') year old lady who loves and appreciates candy flavors and bright colors as much as any tween/teen....my daughters like bright colors and candy too but have no interest in my vape because of my serious parenting skillz.

18. CrimsonJack

CrimsonJack Ursus Praedonum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    The Vobbit Hole
    I am a 39 year old man. I have my tank caps, drip tips and side fill knobs coordinated in the colors of my fave football team (go Pats) for my SID, and my MVP in a dragon Jwrap. It ain't just kids and girls that want the colorful gear.

19. WCSR

WCSR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2012
    Earth

THANK YOU!

I just felt that was in order. Why do I need to be the one responsible for what other people's children do? I chose not to have kids for a reason...

20. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    east TN
    and I say THANK YOU too
    I am really tired of being responsible for other peoples kids...
    when I was young my parents way of child-proofing a lighter?
    a slap on the hand and an order to "don't touch that it isn't yours"
    and it worked...........

ps....it worked because my parents didn't think it was all that bad if we were slightly scared of them and their consequences lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.