Quit Smoking Apps and applicability to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedustwarrior

Sep 16, 2013
los angeles
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a rule of thumb deduction for vaping as it relates to the use of those quit smoking applications? I have one on my my android tablet and it shows all the health benefits, like days left to lung cancer chance of non smoker, heart disease etc.....

I have read and watched a bunch of doctors talking about e-Cigs versus smoking on the web and it's hard to really say at a macro level what the benefit reduction is with using vapes as opposed to cold turkey. Having said that, it's also kind of hard to say that the apps that track your returning health etc... are based on you as an individual, but track general mean/median type data. I love these apps, they are a good motivator and kind of fun and all (much like the banners in people's signatures).

So is it safe to maybe knock 10% off for using vapes and not going cold turkey? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
well cold turkey while tastes good, doesn't have a very good statistical success rate. I think it's about 8-10%. gum and patches aren't any better, and quite expensive. They just don't work. I've tired all three. Just as many times that I started back up -1. the problem is that gum, patches and turkey, do nothing to curb or satisfy the urge to smoke. All gun and patches do is put nicotine into you system. Does nothing for the craving to smoke. The patches actually caused my skin to break out in a rash. frak patches. The gum seemed more effective, I was still grabbing a puff when a I could. The panic that sets in while going the turkey route, is just to hard. Since I've started to vape, no urge, no cravings, haven't tried to kill anyone. Health improving, no puffing on burning embers for 5 months. Know I won't go back.

Far as what doctors say, the surgeon general, blah blah blah.... well plain and simple, there has been no documentation, no in-depth studies or experiments. there has been no rats, mice, chimpanzees, pigs, dogs or cats, hooked up to an auto vaping machine, forcing them to vape nicotine laced vapor, for years, for years at a time, then inspected autopsied , micro scoped, growth cultured, this just hasn't happened. Although they did subject these same animals with those afore mentioned tests and studies on cigarettes, more than 40 years ago

So anything you've seen or heard is just pure speculation and conjecture based on 40 year old studies involving burning tobacco.

So the answer to your question is, "Can't Say" why can't they say? "Because they don't know"

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Well, 'we' don't know for 'sure' how the chemicals that make up the juice affect our health. Time and proper research will tell. That said, we do know that the thousand or so chemicals that make up tobacco smoke do affect our health in a very bad manner. So for all intents and purposes (as in your ap use), consider vaping as "going cold turkey" as you are not inhaling those thousand known bad chemicals!

thedustwarrior

Sep 16, 2013
los angeles
I found it kind of re-assuring that the world anti dopin agency put nicotine down as a substance to ban for athletes :). The picture of a bunch of track stars vaping on the bench is a great comfort to me for some reason. Does that sound creepy?

dice57, you know it's funny, I would always get into arguments with my anti-tobacco zealot buddies about it's dangers and I'd always ask them "show me the study with my 91 year old grandmother who smoked for 70 years and never had any issues at all, of any kind" and "my other grandmother who reached 84 without any issues at all"..... They would kind of shut up about the whole thing.

The longest quit I had cold turkey was three and half years. Since I took tobacco back up, the best I could do with white knuckles was six months. I'm glad I have a better device and a better option now.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
I never believe authorities. Anything which causes cancer is approved by authorities. They only say "but it is dangerous" and Expect you to develop cancer. They avoid us to get vitamin d, Sun light will cause you cancers they say. In the beachs it causes cancer but in the country they dont have cancers because they dont use sun care products. By the way Vitamin D avoids cancer 65%.
Remember. the person who decides whether there will be a swine flu epidemic owned a vaccine factory

Governements get one hell of a lot taxes from cigarettes
Big tobacco firms loose big money for the reason of e-cigs (Now they began to produce e-cigarettes too) (Dont they resarch? One tiniy thing they should found and world would be blasted)
Tobacco is burning we apply heat to vape The chemicals come to our body as they were i.e Gliceryn, glicol nicotin if one of them caused cancer or another health problem we would be long gone because they are largely in our life.

When I was smoking I could not walk swift my wife should stop me "slow down you are breathless" I could not even think to smoke while walking. Now I can climb stairs with my PV vaping peacefully. I will not fully tell, changes I already told many times
I am the rat, monkey etc applied vapour 7 months and I am better than the smoking days. I wish I was wise enough to accept them when it was offered me 2 years before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread