Quit Smoking banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Howdy,

Can someone please give me some detailed instructions on how to get those smoke free banners to show up in my signature?

I have tried all sorts of things but it won't show up. I keep getting an "Invalid File" message.

I went to Haqur's Smoke-Free counter and created the banner just fine, but after that I'm lost! :oops:

Thanks alot!

-Cal

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Howdy,

Can someone please give me some detailed instructions on how to get those smoke free banners to show up in my signature?

I have tried all sorts of things but it won't show up. I keep getting an "Invalid File" message.

I went to Haqur's Smoke-Free counter and created the banner just fine, but after that I'm lost! :oops:

Thanks alot!

-Cal

Umm..... Did you look at your own post lol? The banner is there.:D

Please read, don't be an unwitting pawn in a sneaky supplier scheme.

31507.jpg

Functions disabled in this real specimen (from Calaban's post just above), but not in his or yours!!!!! Click on them and see!!!!!

Here's another example of the same trick by another supplier:

1092.png

These look innocent and cool, right? Wrong! They're a sneaky trick and if you get suckered to use them you're an unwitting part of it... over 37000 of us and growing like an epidemic by the minute.

Read on:

SJ Posted about signatures being under 5K. To save bandwidth.

Note that the "smoke free" signature that was originally from "haqur.com" was recently "acquired" by the "trademarked" SmokeFree on 3-23 or so. (Look carefully at the words "smoke free" on the earlier version - supposedly a labor of love - and compare to the "SmokeFreeTM" on the version since 3-23, a version which is now an MLM marketer's stealth tool that each of you is hosting, as unwitting as it may be).

Couldn't find a TM assigned to "Health e-Choice" either (as claimed) who is SmokeFree. Nada TMs.

So you are providing a free link to Health e-Choice, a supplier selling the "SmokeFree" which looks to me like the Cixi (e-cig) E9. (like current S51, EAZE Magnum, Red Dragon, Bloog, eSmoke, etc.).

They have an aggressive and deep channel (Pyramid) "MLM" has your email address and is using this to collect more. Anyone who started using this meter since 3-23 or so, now has a direct link to them in their signature or wherever else they paste the code.

Now I don't think it will save much bandwidth (about 6K), it would help, depending on how many members use it - the jpg or png is hosted elsewhere but...

How do you feel about putting a link up to a supplier in your sig? How do you feel about never knowing it?

The same goes for the vape version which links to another, I beleive, non-sponsoring supplier.

When you use these thingies you are not only helping them you are running a script on their server - which can be programmed by them to do anything at anytime. I deleted even the pre SmokeFree one because of this. Haqur rhymes with......

I think suppliers should support the forum but not advertise. (Is that possible?).

Members should be aware that they are inadvertently linking to un-supporting suppliers who are mining email addresses by using what otherwise were once just cute, informative meters.

I suppose you can beat it somewhat by using a phony email (you might set someone else up by doing so) to get the cute banner, but it is programmed and linked anyways and that's out of your control.

So far, they've got 37,000+ "advertisers" and email addys. Nice trick, right under your nose.

I'm working on a safe ECF version that will be hosted right here when approved and totally controlled by SJ. Will let you know when done. Accepting ideas for it now (logos, what to meter, etc.).

In the meantime I would get rid of those now and hope you don't get spammed when they decide to blast-off.

Last edited:
Please read, don't be an unwitting pawn in a sneaky supplier scheme.

Functions disabled in this real specimen (from Calaban's post just above), but not in his or yours!!!!! Click on them and see!!!!!

Here's another example of the same trick by another supplier:

These look innocent and cool, right? Wrong! They're a sneaky trick and if you get suckered to use them you're an unwitting part of it... over 37000 of us and growing like an epidemic by the minute.

Read on:

SJ Posted about signatures being under 5K. To save bandwidth.

Note that the "smoke free" signature that was originally from "haqur.com" was recently "acquired" by the "trademarked" SmokeFree on 3-23 or so. (Look carefully at the words "smoke free" on the earlier version - supposedly a labor of love - and compare to the "SmokeFreeTM" on the version since 3-23, a version which is now an MLM marketer's stealth tool that each of you is hosting, as unwitting as it may be).

Couldn't find a TM assigned to "Health e-Choice" either (as claimed) who is SmokeFree. Nada TMs.

So you are providing a free link to Health e-Choice, a supplier selling the "SmokeFree" which looks to me like the Cixi (e-cig) E9. (like current S51, EAZE Magnum, Red Dragon, Bloog, eSmoke, etc.).

They have an aggressive and deep channel (Pyramid) "MLM" has your email address and is using this to collect more. Anyone who started using this meter since 3-23 or so, now has a direct link to them in their signature or wherever else they paste the code.

Now I don't think it will save much bandwidth (about 6K), it would help, depending on how many members use it - the jpg or png is hosted elsewhere but...

How do you feel about putting a link up to a supplier in your sig? How do you feel about never knowing it?

The same goes for the vape version which links to another, I believe, non-sponsoring supplier.

When you use these thingies you are not only helping them you are running a script on their server - which can be programmed by them to do anything at anytime. I deleted even the pre SmokeFree one because of this. Haqur rhymes with......

I think suppliers should support the forum but not advertise. (Is that possible?).

Members should be aware that they are inadvertently linking to un-supporting suppliers who are mining email addresses by using what otherwise were once just cute, informative meters.

I suppose you can beat it somewhat by using a phony email (you might set someone else up by doing so) to get the cute banner, but it is programmed and linked anyways and that's out of your control.

So far, they've got 37,000+ "advertisers" and email addys. Nice trick, right under your nose.

I'm working on a safe ECF version that will be hosted right here when approved and totally controlled by SJ. Will let you know when done. Accepting ideas for it now (logos, what to meter, etc.).

In the meantime I would get rid of those now and hope you don't get spammed when they decide to blast-off.

In as much as I am the legal counsel for Health e-Choice, which distributes the SmokeFreetm, I have some familiarity with the issues raised in this post and would like to clear up some misconceptions.

There is no such thing as an assignment of TMs. One can assert a trademark of a logo, name, etc. merely by including the superscript tm along with it. If the trademark was registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, then one would use a superscript R within a circle to denote that fact.

Health e-Choice, LLC has nothing to do with the signature referred to in the post. The signature was created by an independent affiliate for his own use. Health e-Choice, LLC does not collect contact information, including e-mail addresses, of anyone other than its affiliates and customers who provide such information at the time of sign up or purchase.

Health e-Choice, LLC is not a pyramid scheme. It is a network marketing company. The difference between a pyramid scheme and a network marketing company is that pyramid schemes compensate persons simply for bringing people into the program while network marketing companies only compensate persons for the sale of product. I can assure you that Health e-Choice does not compensate anyone for merely bringing people to the program.

Health e-Choice would be happy to support the ECF. However, for some reason, it appears that the ECF is closed to new sponsors.

As an incidental matter, while I have never attempted to create one of these banners myself, I am informed that including an e-mail address when creating one is optional and a banner will still be created if one declines to supply this information.

Regards,

Robert H. Smallenberg
In-House Counsel
Health e-Choice, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread