Quit smoking on vape, love vaping now a new leaf in life indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to vaping, but now 2 months off the cigarettes and no intention on looking back. The most exciting thing these days is going to the vape shop for new juices!!!

Hope to get some great advice from here, I've got an smok Alien as part of my arsenal, and admittedly out of the 5 devices I have this one is doing my head in re settings. I've watched every youtube vid and read everything but I can't figure out what the best or safest settings are.

I'm doing both MTL on Gold & Strawberry/Chocolate, now down to 3mg Nic from 12 when I started, and also DLI with my favorites being Blueberry, Watermelon/Coconut Slushy (both no nic) but I am DLI also with Lemon/Lime at 3mg.

Worked for me, and I know of a couple of other dudes that have quit/switched to vape.

I'm really interested to keep up to date with vape info given it's remarkable & better difference to cigarettes. Absolutely loving it, not only tastes awesome, but a lot of fun too it's just awesome all together imo.

Cheers!.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Congratulations on quitting cigarettes, that is indeed exciting! Hope things continue to go well with you and welcome to ECF. There is a ton of information here, and always, ask questions if you have any. Lots of smok users around who I'm sure will be happy to help out with any setting difficulties....

Welcome! :)

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome @RottweilerluvNZ

Congrats on your success! Since I never see another vaper in the town I live in, my monthly trip to my vape shop is my only vape therapy. My wife refers to them as her "geriatric babysitters" while she shops.

As far as "best or safest settings" on your Alien, using quality top rated 20A batteries and staying at or below 120 watts are probably the two safest things you can do. "Best settings" are a lot tougher to suggest. So much depends on what atomizer you are using, which coil, juice of choice, and individual preference of desired vape. Start out by setting the watts at the lower end of what the coil suggests and slowly work your way up until you like the results. Play around with it if you like and go with what works for you. The only right way is your way.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. I'm not familiar with your setup but i'm sure that someone will come along with specifics about it. One thing I can say is that the best setting are subjective to what you want and only you can answer that question. My recommendation would be to start low watts and slowly move up until you find what you like. Congrats on quitting the cigs.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm really interested to keep up to date with vape info given it's remarkable & better difference to cigarettes. Absolutely loving it, not only tastes awesome, but a lot of fun too it's just awesome all together imo.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Congratulations on 2 months off, vaping only gets better and better the more you know.

DQuit

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Litchfield, IL
Welcome and Congrats for 2 months being smoke free! I just passed 1 month (Friday the day I broke the tank to the Baby Beast) and my first mod was the Smok Alien. It is not a MTL device but I can dial close up the tank to where it ALMOST is.

Until I learned to use a low 3mg ejuice at a low(cool) watt I was choking and coughing. I had to go back to 33-35 watts and use a 3 mg juice instead of 6mg.

I am just now getting into MTL setups and tanks since I had to rush to order baby beast tank glass over the weekend as well.

I don't know a lot about much of anything except it when juice tastes good lol. Good luck and don't forget to just google the videos on your device and watch them. Every time I am stuck that's what I do and if that doesn't help I come here. These are great folks and will help any time you need it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread