Quitting cigarettes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
After around 7-8 years of vaping, I started smoking again. It happened Labor Day weekend. Some triggering, stressful, and highly irritating things went down. There have been a few times I've smoked before (since switching), but not for any amount of time.
The gear I have right now isn't doing much for me. Which makes me feel like a spoiled a hole, because I originally quit with 808 cig likes :lol:
My mod is an MVP 4.... I think:| The tank is a cleito pro. The other mod I have is so so. My e liquid is 9 mg DIY mint. It does not feel harsh enough. Buying new gear doesn't excite me at all anymore. So do any of you have some suggestions, for gear? I know what I need to do regarding the e liquid.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bad time to start smoking again. It will likely happen to most of us at one point or another though. Time is a bit limited because of the upcoming bans.

Advice is also hard to give because the future promises to change in unknown ways. Your case makes me angrier and angrier than ever with BT.

The problem with pods is they generally don’t actually go low enough to make totally quitting possible. The choices of nic levels are based on mixing convenience not actual need. It is possible that extremely expensive single use pods may be the only available future (stupid on literally every level for everyone but BT)

If you want to get into a higher level device with higher experience quality the problem is juice availability. There may not be any in the future. The rush to judgement is world wide. Rather specifically world wide and very fast. The countries rushing through legislation before the science gets in tend to be producers of base. India and China have launched legislation just this week, and may both shut down as nic base sources. The solution for a lot of people here has been to stockpile large amounts of good nic in freezers and choose devices with long service lives in a hope that we die of other things before they run out. That may be more difficult for you, though there is still (a little) time to do it.

If you want advice on how and what to do for that it is available here. You’re going to want to move relatively quickly though.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
After around 7-8 years of vaping, I started smoking again. It happened Labor Day weekend. Some triggering, stressful, and highly irritating things went down. There have been a few times I've smoked before (since switching), but not for any amount of time.
The gear I have right now isn't doing much for me. Which makes me feel like a spoiled a hole, because I originally quit with 808 cig likes :lol:
My mod is an MVP 4.... I think:| The tank is a cleito pro. The other mod I have is so so. My e liquid is 9 mg DIY mint. It does not feel harsh enough. Buying new gear doesn't excite me at all anymore. So do any of you have some suggestions, for gear? I know what I need to do regarding the e liquid.

You might also increase the PG content of your juice if you want more throat hit. I vape 18 mg. nic juices that are 70% PG because I need a lot of throat hit. Sourish fruit juices help deliver throat hit as well as do cinnamon juices.

Reactions: RoseB

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
You might also increase the PG content of your juice if you want more throat hit. I vape 18 mg. nic juices that are 70% PG because I need a lot of throat hit. Sourish fruit juices help deliver throat hit as well as do cinnamon juices.
Thank you :) I am going to give some of these tips a try. The liquids that I make now are pretty mild. I am going to have to try and get some orders in.

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
50 mg salts helped tremendously with cravings. I preferred tobacco type flavors during my "quit phase".

For me, I think it was just my time. I was tired of smoking...the smell, the taste, the cost...I was done.

My wife still smokes so the temptation is always there but with the right juice and nic levels I haven't smoked in almost 10 months give or take.

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread