Not open for further replies.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Yes. Quitting smoking CAN be fun.

I've quit several times and it was always agony. The last time was in August 2011 when I quit for about 6 months. It was a miserable experience, but I just about had it whipped when some family problems and stress at work made me weak, and started smoking again.

I got my KGO last Wednesday. I had 4 cigarettes on Thursday, 2 on Friday, one at about 10:00 Saturday and none since then. That's zero, nada, zilch, bupkis for 3 days.

Under any other circumstances, that would have been a miserable 3 days. But, since i have my KGO, it's actually been fun and really haven't craved a cigarette. Oh, there have been a couple of moments, but a quick vape or two and I'm good.

So, there, I said it. Quitting smoking can be fun. And thanks again to this forum.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I enjoy vaping more than smoking an analog. And now that I am so used to a clean taste/flavor from vaping, I just can't stand the taste of an analog and wouldn't be able to smoke them again. I never would have thought I would think that and to me that's a miracle. I will be analog free for one yr on June 8th! I thought I would die smoking and never quit.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Not only is it "Fun" for us, but a lot more "fun" for the people around us, too!

Years ago, during a quit attempt, my (non-smoker) wife walked to the store and bought me cigarettes. She said she would rather have me smoke than "be like that"! Lol Not sure what she meant?!?!

Relax, Congratulations!

Enjoy!

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Anistaulia, post a thread here on this forum with info on what your setup is and I'm pretty sure people can make suggestions that will help. It might take a different setup or it might just take some time for your taste buds to adjust. I was lucky that I found the right setup and I can taste the different juices just fine, and I found some yummy ones I really like.

RS_Ohio

Apr 23, 2012
Miamisburg, Ohio
I will admit that the first few cigarette-less days sucked big hairy sweaty.....uh.....it sucked bad. My issue was that my girlfriend and I bought some cheap kits and crappy juices.

I ended up stumbling on this forum by accident, and started reading up on everything. Thanks to the information I found on this site, I have not even thought about a cigarette in months. I can even go out drinking and not have an issue (which was VERY hard at first).

Now I just need to get my addiction to buying vaping supplies in check...

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I wan't to quit smoking, but I'm finding the transition difficult. My taste buds aren't adjusting to the flavors so I just taste sweet smoke :/ My boyfriend is a smoker so being around him with a regular cigarette makes me feel want one when I normally wouldn't. I love vaping, I just wish I could taste it better.

You might look next time you order juice a lot of the places offer an extra flavoring option, that may help.

And yes I agree this can be very fun. It also in an odd sort of way helped me to understand my brother in laws thing with pipes, as a smoker I couldn't understand why he needed or even wanted a dozen pipes, but now vaping and seeing all the cool stuff out I totally get it.

Last edited:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I know these past few days of being a new vaper have been the easiest time I have ever had trying to quit. I've had a few cigarettes but none in the past two days and it has been pretty painless. I find vaping tons more fun than smoking analogs, tastes much better, and won't be going back to analogs!. I have found that my pv follows me around the house, don't leave the room with out it. I never smoked in the house before but I can't seem to go to another room without grabbing my pv. I need to find something to wear it around my neck.

Hello,this is my second time of trying to quit,i used the patch for about 2 weeks and wanted to eat someone lol.Sence i started vaping a few weeks ago i dont even miss real smokes,,i like the tobacco flavs the most. Between me and my husband we have total of 9 flavs we trying out ,,and i must say its great fun,and by reading alot on this site, we learned alot and love vaping:)

Cherryblossom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2012
Florida
You're right Pappy, it is fun! Lol! I was a pretty heavy smoker with no real intentions of stopping, previous attempts were not pretty. My husband decided we were quitting, got online, ordered us kits and he stopped immediately. He handed me an ego, I was skeptical, tried it mainly due to his glares and grunts every time I tried to light a cig.... and I stopped smoking one week after him. It's been a couple of months+ and I'm having so much fun with all the different flavors of juices I don't even miss smoking. Who'd have thunk it?

Miira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Seaside, CA
And for goodness sake remember if you have one or two cigs a day that's still better then smoking all day, you will reach a point once you've found your "sweet spot" that you wont need a cig at all.

I bought a new pack of cigs the day my PV arrived, as I had to wait for it to charge. That was Thursday, there are still 14 cigarettes in that pack. I'm more than fine with only smoking 6 cigarettes in 6 days, especially since I used to smoke ~30 in 1 day.

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Not only is it "Fun" for us, but a lot more "fun" for the people around us, too!

Years ago, during a quit attempt, my (non-smoker) wife walked to the store and bought me cigarettes. She said she would rather have me smoke than "be like that"! Lol Not sure what she meant?!?!

Relax, Congratulations!

Enjoy!

A little grouchy, huh?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread