Ramblings of a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demiurgous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
What about adding some basic setup guides to the Info Zone?

Starter pack: a twist or ego v, or some basic vv. Two batts. A vivi nova for a wick style, and a basic tank/carto combo. Try out both, see what ya like.

Next up: (hence this post)

More advanced: a REO guide, maybe provari or whatever. Get into dripping.

I talked starting easy. But what's next? Cartos come in various resistance, how do I know which to get? Then there are different lengths, and all kinds of sizes of tanks in width and height. Then some tanks sit clean, some don't. So some need adapters.

These are some of the same questions over and over. I hate to ask myself, but searching just brings up a bunch of "go provari or go home" or "don't waste money, ego and a vivi nova got me through 5 years".

Just recommended setups. This battery, these tanks, cartos at this rating, etc.

thoughts?

Demiurgous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Apologies for the tardiness of my reply. Here's an example of what I mean:
Have had my provari mini about a month and not a single problem with it yet. My first mod beyond a ego twist though so not much to compare it to. I do have a natural and rsst on the way though to dip my toe in the mech world. I personally recommend the provari, it is a great and reliable vaping tool.

So, I guess the basic eGo is....an e cig, plain and simple.

A twist is a mod? Mine came out of the box. Shrug. I haven't modded it, wasn't aware of mods for it. Thought the Provari was pretty much used straight outta the box. So I guess a mod is just something nicer than a basic ego? Or maybe a mod is modulated voltage, seeing as how the twist and Provari are both VV? Again, shrug. I don't get it.

Natural and rsst are mechs. I guess. Not sure how a mech varies from a mod, but they do, because everyone says so.

A little google search shows this: http://elitevaporworks.com/rebuildable-atomizers-and-supplies/natural-and-rsst-combo.html So I guess mechs are things that sit on top of batteries, and nicer batteries are considered mods. I don't understand how that's a mod, but OK.

Back to the initial ramblings, because these ramblings have....rambled. Ahem.

Take even the basic eGo. Puts out something like 3.4, and it's regulated. Doesn't work so well with SR carts, but pushes LR carts OK. Not great, but OK. (Speaking of which, which genius picked SR and LR? LR doesn't tell me how many ohms, and neither does SR. I've got boxes of each, and short of throwing my multimeter on it, I really have no idea what the exact difference is in ohms, just that one is lower resistance than the other. But if SR is 3, LR could be 2.5, or it could be 1.4. A relative of an unknown is an unknown. But I digress again.) Can anything other than a vivi nova be run off one of these and be halfway decent? Heck, can even a nova be decent off this?

Step up a notch to the Twist. SR or LR? Single coil or dual? Basic questions asked all the time.

Step that up to the eGo V V2 passthrough. SR, LR, single, dual? How about a rsst on that? Or maybe the Vision Eternity?

From there, it's a total crap shoot. There's Provari, LavaTube, Volcano, Vamo, REOs, boxes, pipe styles. Quite honestly, ... is the difference? Does the Provari do all things well, whereas the Volcano is better for tanks, but the Vamo is better for drips, and the boxes are just a retro look? Is one thing easier/better on a certain "mod" than on other "mods"?

The little "safe power chart" thingy is kinda cool. But with so many VV "mods" out there, it seems like you can go SR or LR (or actually get something labeled as to the specific ohms, of which there really is a nice range). So...when would I want SR over LR? Does one give more TH, or allow for longer battery life when out and about? Does LR have a shorter life span of the atomizer/cartomizer itself? Shrug.

There's a ton of info on this forum. You guys (and gals, maybe I should have said folks) are all really knowledgeable. But the technical details of moving beyond a Twist or something are pretty hard to dig up. There's a basic blog that Bad did, showing the basics of what's what. And then there are some super advanced "I rebuilt my atomizer to vape at 1.4 ohms" or "check out my VW madness".

Maybe some middle ground on the InfoZone?

Hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread