Ramiya R2-750 (Korean E-go type w/LCD display and puff counter from Analog Alternative)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
This is an un-boxing/mini review video I did this afternoon. I won this kit in a contest put on by Analog Alternative to help choose a new model to sell on their site. I suggested this model and won a "finders fee" kit. This is a very high quality, nice e-cigarette that is compatible with the eGo 510 parts. I didn't mention throat hit in the video, but even with the low nic level juice I use I still get a good throat hit. I haven't had any leaking problems as I had with the 510T kit I have. This is my first video and I was having to do it one handed since I was holding an iPad so be kind, lol.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
That was a pretty good one handed review with fighting the lions off.... I love the puff counter.... That tank system looks pretty different also, Can ya give us a follow up review after like 2 weeks? Would be interested in your opinion on that tank system function/leaking problem if any, battery life.

Thanks.

Thanks! I sure will! I'll be doing a write up review as well. So far I really like this tank system. It holds quite a bit of liquid without having most of it being sucked up by the filler. It also doesn't have the same leaking issue. I believe this battery is 750 mah.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Just wanted to add a few things after using the Ramiya for a couple of days. I've been using the R2-750 most of the time for the last two days. I figure if I use it as much as possible I can answer questions better. I use my Halo G6 during charge times. I do wish the charging cord was a bit longer, but that's the only thing I can say so far that I'm not thrilled with. The cord is really short in the mini kit (might be longer with the other kid) so if you charge from a desktop computer it can be a little awkward. The battery life is really good. The instructions are really good...even providing instructions on how to properly clean the atomizer. There is a guarantee on the kit for 3 months...but 6 months on the battery. The battery size is 750 mah. Ramiya of Korea will actually service and repair this product for free if it breaks (as long as you don't mistreat it) under the Quality Assurance warranty. I still have not had any leaking problems.

The manual states that after a 4 hour charge the R2-750 battery charge will last for over 900 puffs and for over 24 hours. I have found that the red charging light will indicate that it is fully charged far more quickly than 4 hours, though. I didn't really keep track, but I think it was under 2 hours...but don't hold me to that. I'll try to keep track next time. The battery was pretty much fully charged when I received it. I tried it out for a few minutes and then charged it and it was ready very quickly. Since then I have only had to charge it twice in 48 hours after very heavy vaping. I'm getting a good throat hit even with 06mg level liquid. I haven't had good luck with tanks in the past...but this one is actually quite nice and very easy. It's not nearly as messy as the other tank system I used. This is a great kit option for beginners and newbies because of the exceptional instructions and ease of use. It's great for vaping veterans too. It's also priced very reasonably.

If anyone has any specific questions about the kit that I would be able to answer, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Just wanted to add a few things after using the Ramiya for a couple of days. I've been using the R2-750 most of the time for the last two days. I figure if I use it as much as possible I can answer questions better. I use my Halo G6 during charge times. I do wish the charging cord was a bit longer, but that's the only thing I can say so far that I'm not thrilled with. The cord is really short in the mini kit (might be longer with the other kid) so if you charge from a desktop computer it can be a little awkward. The battery life is really good. The instructions are really good...even providing instructions on how to properly clean the atomizer. There is a guarantee on the kit for 3 months...but 6 months on the battery. The battery size is 750 mah. Ramiya of Korea will actually service and repair this product for free if it breaks (as long as you don't mistreat it) under the Quality Assurance warranty. I still have not had any leaking problems.

The manual states that after a 4 hour charge the R2-750 battery charge will last for over 900 puffs and for over 24 hours. I have found that the red charging light will indicate that it is fully charged far more quickly than 4 hours, though. I didn't really keep track, but I think it was under 2 hours...but don't hold me to that. I'll try to keep track next time. The battery was pretty much fully charged when I received it. I tried it out for a few minutes and then charged it and it was ready very quickly. Since then I have only had to charge it twice in 48 hours after very heavy vaping. I'm getting a good throat hit even with 06mg level liquid. I haven't had good luck with tanks in the past...but this one is actually quite nice and very easy. It's not nearly as messy as the other tank system I used. This is a great kit option for beginners and newbies because of the exceptional instructions and ease of use. It's great for vaping veterans too. It's also priced very reasonably.

If anyone has any specific questions about the kit that I would be able to answer, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Ive used the ego tank A and B systems... those were big failures. I look forward to your next review after using it awhile before I purchase one... It is a interesting device.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
I haven't had good luck with tanks in the past...but this one is actually quite nice and very easy. It's not nearly as messy as the other tank system I used. This is a great kit option for beginners and newbies because of the exceptional instructions and ease of use. It's great for vaping veterans too. It's also priced very reasonably.

Hi Shannon, can you use cartos on the R2-750?
Thanks. :)

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Hi Shannon, can you use cartos on the R2-750?
Thanks. :)

That I am not sure of simply because the 510 I have is a Tank set up. The Ramiya R2-750 atomizer does fit on my 510T battery, so the threading fits. The supplier says that the threading is compatible with eGo type 510 connections, so I would guess that you can. At the same time, if you buy your own liquids and re-fill cartomizers you would most likely find that you really don't need to for this one. Keep in mind that I'm the queen of burn...if it's possible to fry something...I will fry it in short order. The cartridge system uses very little filler and it has some sort of back flow prevention system that keeps it from leaking. It's super easy to use and I haven't got a single drip of juice on me with it. That wasn't the case with the 510T Kit I have, lol...I was always covered in liquid. As far as the use of cartomizers...this is a 750mah battery so I'm thinking whatever cartomizers you'd use for an eGo 650mah would probably work fine...but I don't know. I don't have any of those kits to compare with or I would.

Last edited:

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Yup, I quit using the eGo tanks and other tank systems because of the leaking too. That and the constant messy with the attys. So back to cartos. (btw, I'm great at burning those too). ;)

This does look interesting, especially if you get no dry hits and no leaks. I'll give it a try when I can.
Thank you for the answer, great video and review! :)

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Oh...since there is a 3 month quality assurance guarantee for the cartridges/tanks, cone, charger and atomizer and 6 months on the battery as long as you use it properly then I'm thinking these parts are found to lasted at least that long without needing to be replaced during the testing of the products. With a price of only $36.95 for the mini kit make it a really great deal. The quality of this things is really impressive. I'll take some better photos of the tank and the users manual to upload in a bit, and perhaps more of the different pieces of the kit.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Yup, I quit using the eGo tanks and other tank systems because of the leaking too. That and the constant messy with the attys. So back to cartos. (btw, I'm great at burning those too). ;)

This does look interesting, especially if you get no dry hits and no leaks. I'll give it a try when I can.
Thank you for the answer, great video and review! :)

Thanks!

It sounds like you are very much like me with typical tanks...lol. If your concern is leaking then you really don't have to worry about that with this e-cig. The leaking is most likely related to the burning up of atomizers I experienced too, lol. I really think you would love the Ramiya, especially since you had the same sort of experience I did in the past with tanks, lol.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Thanks!

It sounds like you are very much like me with typical tanks...lol. If your concern is leaking then you really don't have to worry about that with this e-cig. The leaking is most likely related to the burning up of atomizers I experienced too, lol. I really think you would love the Ramiya, especially since you had the same sort of experience I did in the past with tanks, lol.

We sound alike don't we...LOL. Oh, does the manual say what the voltage is? 3.2-3.4 or hopefully 3.7?

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
I still can't find the voltage...but I did find more interesting information to share!

BATTERY: (the battery is from Japan)

Internal overdischarge and overcharge device...if the voltage falls to below a certain level the consumption of battery is suspended to prevent damage of battery due to overdischarging. A function that blocks unnecessary charging after full charging of the battery.

Automatic temperature sensor that adjusts temperature:
a sensor that responds to the change in temperature is used that sensed the temperature of the heat coil when inhaled and automatically suspends pwer when it gets too hot...this helps prevent burning of the atomizer that causes damage from overheating. provides more consistent vaping.

Power saving mode:

automatically converts to power saving mode when product isn't in motion.

Battery can last up to 2-3 days when power saving mode is used.

The Hold Function:

conserves battery life...you can turn it off and on

CARTRIDGE

blow back prevention
large capacity (1.3ml)
leak prevention

Still haven't taken photos yet...will try to do it tonight.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
Thanks Shannon, I was just posting this to you when I saw yours... LOL.

I wrote a few vendors and got an answer from one... "it has a nominal voltage of 3.7v - it will be higher (up to 4.2v) when fully charged and will drop to around 3.4v."

Sounds about right. :)

EDIT, I also contacted the manufacturer on FB and asked there. I'll let you know if I get a reply. ;)

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Thats some great info on a neat device... I looking for something thats small and has cool pretty lights for out and about. Cant wait for the follow up review on the device... Thanks for all the info.

I actually decided to do a more in-depth video review...with me in it this time, lol. Of course I hate how I look on camera and I have no make up on or anything...but the actual review is really thorough and helpful so I'm processing it right now and will hopefully upload it soon. I didn't re-do the unboxing part, though. I actually had fun making it so I'm hoping other suppliers will start sending me stuff to do reviews now, lol.

Shannon65

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
Just a quick update about the new video...I got it all uploaded to YouTube and it was rejected for being too long, lol. I didn't realize it at the time but this review is over 25 minutes long! Holy crap I'm long winded...hehehehe. I'm currently uploading it to Veoh instead since there isn't a limit on the length there. It's a VERY thorough review that I think will be really helpful...once I finally manage to get it uploaded and available to share, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread