Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
Got my RN4072 yesterday and am enjoying it immensely! Can't believe it's not more popular.

I think the problem is that not many retailers carry it. It does cost a little more wholesale than the 801's, but IMO it is definitely worth it. We tried all the Penstyles out there before deciding which model to carry, and the RN4072 was the clear winner for performance.

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
randall can you tell me how to get maximum vapor out of the rn4072

The key is keeping the atomizer nice and wet without flooding. I've found that re-stuffing the cartridges is the #1 way to improve performance - the factory cart stuffing does not perform well at all. Check the User Guides on the website for complete instructions and pics if you want to use polyfill. Or there's also a lot of other methods on this forum, including teabags, blue foam, and straw mods. I've never had to get that complicated because I find the polyfill works just fine when done right. It takes a little trial and error no matter which method you use, but you'll be glad you took the time to learn.

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
I hated the factory stuffing on one of the carts, used a little of the sample fluff you all sent me (thank you!) and it's waaaay better.

I've asked a few places and not gotten an answer as the RN4072 forum's a little dead...can you drip on these attys? What's the best way to do it?

For dripping, I just hold the atty straight up and make sure the drops are hitting the bridge down inside and I only use 2-3 drops at a time. Be careful that you aren't overfilling - check the connection area where the atomizer and battery meet and make sure it's not getting liquid in there. If you overdrip, you'll end up with liquid getting inside the battery and killing it.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
The key is keeping the atomizer nice and wet without flooding. I've found that re-stuffing the cartridges is the #1 way to improve performance - the factory cart stuffing does not perform well at all. Check the User Guides on the website for complete instructions and pics if you want to use polyfill. Or there's also a lot of other methods on this forum, including teabags, blue foam, and straw mods. I've never had to get that complicated because I find the polyfill works just fine when done right. It takes a little trial and error no matter which method you use, but you'll be glad you took the time to learn.

im using the white fluval foam from petco..

not the soft cotton like fluval, but the harder sponge white fluval and it works..

like tony the tiger said"ITS GRRRRRRRRReat" lol jmho

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
For dripping, I just hold the atty straight up and make sure the drops are hitting the bridge down inside and I only use 2-3 drops at a time. Be careful that you aren't overfilling - check the connection area where the atomizer and battery meet and make sure it's not getting liquid in there. If you overdrip, you'll end up with liquid getting inside the battery and killing it.
Thanks! I missed a few times today, think I wasn't holding it to a straight vertical. Thought perhaps there was an easier way that was obvious to everyone else but me, but maybe not! :D

im using the white fluval foam from petco..

not the soft cotton like fluval, but the harder sponge white fluval and it works..

like tony the tiger said"ITS GRRRRRRRRReat" lol jmho
I am thinking of getting some just to try it. Some of the stuff in my original 401 carts is in terrible shape, doesn't take long for it to deteriorate to where it's brittle and hard to deal with.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
Thanks! I missed a few times today, think I wasn't holding it to a straight vertical. Thought perhaps there was an easier way that was obvious to everyone else but me, but maybe not! :D

I am thinking of getting some just to try it. Some of the stuff in my original 401 carts is in terrible shape, doesn't take long for it to deteriorate to where it's brittle and hard to deal with.

I dont think youll be dissapointed trying the fluval, but thats jmho eh?

I think they had 2 kinds of white fluval?

1 seemed to be soft, the fiber in it was like something fluffy?

the fluval im using is white, more coarse, firm, harder sponge like if that helps lol

im luving it, ive found my happy place with the fluval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread