Random burn throat hits with ccell ceramic (vaporesso)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berv

May 27, 2017
Hi guys. I am new to vaping and so far i have enjoyed it but recently i have had this problem with random burning hits. I am using vaporesso target mini with a ceramic ccell 0.6ohm. The burning sensation only occurs when using nicotine liquids. I tried different % nicotine liquids and different brands as well the random burning hits occur on all of them. I "cleaned" the coil to the best of my ability but it still occurs. Id hate to stick to non nicotine liquids just cause of this. Any ideas ?

Last edited:

Thompsonhunt

Apr 2, 2014
Chandler, AZ
Could be heating up too much, juice needs to absorb into cotton and if you take frequent, hot hits it'll dry out. The trick is to figure out the right balance for how much you vape. Air control plays a role as well as the power. My cleto 120 I set to 96watts, or around there since if I set it higher than 100w generally I'll get dry hit with my air settings and how frequently I vape.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Berv

May 27, 2017
Could be heating up too much, juice needs to absorb into cotton and if you take frequent, hot hits it'll dry out. The trick is to figure out the right balance for how much you vape. Air control plays a role as well as the power. My cleto 120 I set to 96watts, or around there since if I set it higher than 100w generally I'll get dry hit with my air settings and how frequently I vape.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
The airflow is open all the way and its completely random sometimes i can chainvape it and no bad hits and other times from the very first puff it burns.
Also i try to vape around 20 ish wats so i doubt the power is too much for a 0.6 ohms.

Berv

May 27, 2017
I don't know how ccell works but if you suffer when you use Nicotine instead of zero, maybe that's relevant? Have you vaped with Nicotine before?
Can we clear up the expression 'dry hits' because a dry hit always used to be when you burnt the wick of your atomizer coil because it wasn't wet enough with eliquid.
I dont think its just cause of the nicotine since it happens randomly but when it does its with nicotine liquids.
As for the terminology sorry im new to the whole vaping experience.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
First... what coil is it? (metal)

Second, you cannot "clean" a cartridge coil. You might get some of the crap in the center off, but the coil itself and the ceramic can't be cleaned.... I tried a bunch of techniques that wouldn't damage the ceramic and none worked.

Third, nicotine would not make a liquid "burn" differently. It doesn't work that way, if it's harsher, then you're sensitive to the level used.

Forth, you should never dry burn a cartridge, regardless if it's ceramic, if anything, you're damaging the ceramic and could end up fracturing it and inhaling the dust.

Five, ceramic is a porous material, which with liquids with sweeteners, will clog up, and can do this very fast depending on the liquid.

Are you in wattage mode or is it one of the TC coils?

Those coils can last up to a month but can also be clogged up within a few days depending on the liquid used and how it's used (wattage or TC).

I've use a lot of Vaperasso's cCell coils so I know them quite well, I even made a thread that I show how to rebuild them. (check my blog if interested).

Berv

May 27, 2017
Its stainless steel coil. I know it makes no sense to get burns from nico liquids only but it happens and im not sensitive to it since it happens randomly not all the time. I havent used dark,strong taste liquids mostly fruity. I have used it in wat mode and in temp mode around 20-30wats and no more then 240 Celsius. I think i might have burned the coil from excessive chainsmoking but that doesn't explain why non nicotine liquids dont burn.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Its stainless steel coil. I know it makes no sense to get burns from nico liquids only but it happens and im not sensitive to it since it happens randomly not all the time. I havent used dark,strong taste liquids mostly fruity. I have used it in wat mode and in temp mode around 20-30wats and no more then 240 Celsius. I think i might have burned the coil from excessive chainsmoking but that doesn't explain why non nicotine liquids dont burn.

The only guess I can give you is that the coil is burned out and has a gunk coating, which creates a reaction with those liquids.

Just put in a new one and see how it goes... as at your settings, it shouldn't be an issue.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I dont think its just cause of the nicotine since it happens randomly but when it does its with nicotine liquids.
As for the terminology sorry im new to the whole vaping experience.
Welcome and glad you joined. I have not tried "C" atomizers, from what I have read, the Ceramic folks have very narrow sweet spot to set your equipment just right.
Might like to read:
ccell ceramic (vaporesso) - Google Search
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/
Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Most likely yeah it burned up. I already ordered the new one. By the way imfalen i have read that the way to clean these coils is to use them without any liquid for around 20 iah second so the junk burns to ash and then just blow it from the center. Is there some thruth to it or is it bad advice.

It's bad, really bad actually... as per my previous post, you can only get the gunk off half the coil (that's facing inside the coil), the rest, including the ceramic won't burn it off, plus that dry burning does take the temperature way higher than what the ceramic is mean to be fired at, and this can cause it to break/shatter a bit, making a bit of ceramic dust, something that you do NOT want to inhale.

It's just not worth the risk.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
In my experience; not enough juice is getting to your wick! I dunno about your unit, but for my Melo 3, usually I do a quick fix by stabbing the cotton sides of the atomizer with a needle...it starts letting in enough e-juice for a trouble some vaping! Hope my thoughts help!

Ceramic is hard porous material like a rock. Pushing a needle through it would actually be very bad, as it would break particles of it. (if you could even manage it, and manage it without the whole ceramic crumbling to pieces)

Also the Vaperasso coils are a dual chamber design, so it's two shells that are asymmetrical... so you can't "stab" it (check my rebuilding the vaperasso coils threads with pictures if you're curious).
Vaperrasso cCell rebuilding

But, yes, your suggestion is a valid one for many of the Atlantis family type coils (that uses cotton and aren't designed like this one is) where your liquid is too thick (high VG).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread