Random DIY mixing and More

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I have the Irish cream and milk and honey. I only have tfa double ry4. On the second one I only have the pudding base. I ordered a bunch of nut flavors a couple orders ago but somehow skipped over the pistachio.

To be honest I almost subbed JF Double RY4 with FA RY 4 but then decided to try it as written. Since I have no notes on this recipe I also wonder if the original called for 3% and not 4%. 4% is my norm for RY4s so if a recipe calls for less I will up it and if it is more then I lower the percent. Regardless I find this a nice after dinner or with morning coffee vape or any time of the day :D

There is nothing wrong in subbing the pistachios although it will be a different taste.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Finally conquered the raspberry!

Been playing with PUR Raspberry, which is so juicy, plump and realistic tasting, but it was fading on me - or possibly muting at higher percentages.

Tried FA Raspberry (Berry) solo @2% - got florals and a 'just ripe' fresh, slightly tart raspberry taste. Didn't like the florals however.

Combined the two with 1% FA Raspberry and 3% PUR Raspberry - after a 3 day steep the florals are gone, and I've got a ripe, plump juicy raspberry that is perfect.

I saw that FA Raspberry @ 2% and nearly choked on my coffee!!! Absolutely floral there. Glad to see you found 1% and 3% perfect. I'm going to have to try that.

I honestly don't know how many may or may not be familiar with "HIC’s Notes on FlavourArt Flavorings" but it's a free 33 page PDF on most all FA fllavors. The most recent is Nov 2, 2017 revision.

I'm sure many are familiar with it. HeadInClouds put in a good amount of time creating and updating that over the years.

It's a fantastic FlavourArt resource for sure...not saying it's the be all end all but like most resources take what you need (or like) and leave the rest. Like most SFT is the only way to truly get to know your flavors and what works best for you (or me).

You can get it here and it's a freebie: Notes, etc.

Somebody must have posted this here already...I'm just not going to read all 1000+ pages to see. ;)

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
@hittman — do you have FA Nut Mix? If so, you can try adding hazel nut, almond or walnut to it. Mix a small 5 or 10ml sample bottle as I have no idea how it will taste although according to HIC he tastes these nuts in Nut Mix.
FA walnut goes really well with most tobacco mixes

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I presently have 85 flavors, this includes 15 one shots, which I'm not very fond of (too sweet). My next order: Forest Fruit Mix fa, Strawberry Ripe tfa, Double Apple cap, Caramel cap, Shisha Vanilla inw, Butter Pecan fw, Hazelnut fw, Butterscotch Ripple fw, Cucumber cap, Cinnamon Danish swirl cap.
I have a few creams, custards and tobaccos, enough for now.
Cap caramel is ok but FW has the best one. IMHO

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    @hittman — do you have FA Nut Mix? If so, you can try adding hazel nut, almond or walnut to it. Mix a small 5 or 10ml sample bottle as I have no idea how it will taste although according to HIC he tastes these nuts in Nut Mix.

I don’t have nut mix but do have hazelnut, toasted almond, and walnut. I just really haven’t vaped any nut flavors before but thought I should have some on hand for recipes.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    What? Must have seen the cat and Heinz bottle ;)

Welcome to the mixing bowl :lol:

Thanks and yes saw the cat and Heinz bottle...cute!

Reminds me of my cat who's always into everything. Happy to have a dog who keeps her in check. But every now and then the cat gets ...... and chases the dog into her kennel and will sit a couple feet away growling at the dog. My dog is a German Shepherd and the cat is the only thing she fears! :confused:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I finally got around to mixing Custard — The Quickening yesterday. I did not have CCW Devon Cream so took @Heartsdelight advice and subbed JF Bavarian Cream. I had planned to mix more of Lemondowskii and then had to stop. I realized that the Custard needs a two week steep plus I had also mixed another recipe that requires a two week so too many with the same steep time. Lemondowskii will have to wait another a week or so.
    The author says it’s a SnV & I like it right off the bat too.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    sadness, I am out of chocolate flavor....ok so what is everyone's favorite chocolate, i've been using the one I got years ago from diyflavorshack....and like it well enough but going to order a different one so I can see what I like best.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    ok so I'm trying a new recipe and I don't know it's like too dry, not sure how else to explain it...is there something I can add to help with that?
    It's good otherwise just rather dry
    Chocolate 6%
    Peanut Butter 6%
    Graham Cracker 3%

kind of a reese's peanut butter cup, I am really enjoying this but it's very drying

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    sadness, I am out of chocolate flavor....ok so what is everyone's favorite chocolate, i've been using the one I got years ago from diyflavorshack....and like it well enough but going to order a different one so I can see what I like best.

My favorite chocolate is FLV Deutsch Chocolate. I make a peanut butter cup recipe with it and only need to use 1%.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    ok so I'm trying a new recipe and I don't know it's like too dry, not sure how else to explain it...is there something I can add to help with that?
    Chocolate 6%
    Peanut Butter 6%
    Graham Cracker 3%

kind of a reese's peanut butter cup, I am really enjoying this but it's very drying

Some things I know of that will help to get rid of the dryness and make it more moist:

Maybe add a little marshmallow.

Try a little Magic Mask...1 drop per 10ml.

0.5% EM will help. Small amount should make it wetter. I would try even less.

Distilled water 2-5% - I've seen some folks go higher but whatever. It brings the moisture to the mix.

FA Fresh Cream or FA Oba Oba at 1-2 drops.

Obviously not all the above in your recipe...but I'm sure you get the picture.

And while I'm at it if you want to bring that big mouth feel add 4 drops of FLV Cream. At just 4 drops it really shouldn't affect your recipe.

That's just what I would try FWIW.;)

EDIT: INW Cactus may also help but think in drops - as in a couple.

Last edited:

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Chocolate 6%
    Peanut Butter 6%
    Graham Cracker 3%

What PB? A lot taste like sand. TFA has the best one

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    This is what FranC told me:
    • use several chocolates but at the top pf my list is VTA Chocolate Mousse, WF Chocolate Chunks,and Hangsen Australian Chocolate. If you like Dark chocolate VTA is a true dark chocolate to me.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    @Shadav

Here is a recipe from Matt Topolski (of retail Charlie Noble eliquid fame) that includes the PB you are using. You may find his notes helpful. Yes, I realize it's not a peanut butter cup!

The Not-So Discontinued Series: PB Cereal

Also maybe consider some FA Vanilla Classic/Madagascar in a small amount like 0.5-1% to help bind things together...or some other Mexican vanilla. Vanilla is used as a binding kinda bring it all together in so many of the products we eat. Some of which you may not even think vanilla would be an ingredient.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just finished balancing my check book and came to the realization that I have to slow down quite a bit on my spending. I’ve gone wild the past couple months with multiple large flavor orders and multiple hardware purchases. None of the hardware purchases were large individually but they added up.

Users who are viewing this thread