Random DIY mixing and More

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
@Skeebo , gave my mixes the shake/burp/sniff thing last night and your Bourbon-Brown Sugar Milkshake has mellowed over the past several days... It no longer smells strongly of Bourbon. I'm now having a hard time deciding whether yours or Truckin's Bourbon Cream smells more luscious than the other... Can't wait! :drool:

Oh, and Ella's Shortbread smells freakin' amazingly buttery... :banana:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
@Skeebo , gave my mixes the shake/burp/sniff thing last night and your Bourbon-Brown Sugar Milkshake has mellowed over the past several days... It no longer smells strongly of Bourbon. I'm now having a hard time deciding whether yours or Truckin's Bourbon Cream smells more luscious than the other... Can't wait! :drool:

The Ella's is a good base to me to add other flavors to. There is a juice called Plan 9 which is a strawberry jam covered shortbread cookie. I am working on the jam part, FLV jammy berry didn't do the trick. The cookie part is well covered by the Ella's recipe though... I'm thinking about adding some Irish Cream to some base that I have mixed up. I think it could come across as a very nice Irish Cream frosted cupcake.

The bourbon in the bbm settles down nicely after a good steep. I steep everything 3-4 weeks.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The Ella's is a good base to me to add other flavors to. There is a juice called Plan 9 which is a strawberry jam covered shortbread cookie. I am working on the jam part, FLV jammy berry didn't do the trick. The cookie part is well covered by the Ella's recipe though... I'm thinking about adding some Irish Cream to some base that I have mixed up. I think it could come across as a very nice Irish Cream frosted cupcake.

The bourbon in the bbm settles down nicely after a good steep. I steep everything 3-4 weeks.

Maybe try VT Jam it for the Plan 9?

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I have hopes of creating a linzer tart (sweet raspberry jelly filling and powdered sugar dusting), if the base cookie is a good as I hear it is. Shortbread is one of my favorite cookies in the world and I can't eat the real thing anymore, so I need vapor replacements (I have OoO Powdered Sugar, if I feel it needs a final touch of realism). I'd be interested in your strawberry one, if you find the magic. ;)

It may have settled down sooner, almost forgot to check them. :blush: Brown Sugar & Bourbon... Oh, momma, I can't wait, so I may have to try this over the weekend... For Science. :D

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I have hopes of creating a linzer tart (sweet raspberry jelly filling and powdered sugar dusting), if the base cookie is a good as I hear it is. Shortbread is one of my favorite cookies in the world and I can't eat the real thing anymore, so I need vapor replacements (I have OoO Powdered Sugar, if I feel it needs a final touch of realism). I'd be interested in your strawberry one, if you find the magic. ;)

It may have settled down sooner, almost forgot to check them. :blush: Brown Sugar & Bourbon... Oh, momma, I can't wait, so I may have to try this over the weekend... For Science. :D

I certainly hope you find it enjoyable when you do try it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Added to my wish list. I think the original may have some raspberry and/or rhubarb even though it is described as solely a strawberry jam.
    Many sb stones have a bit of raspberry added to enhance the sb. Try just adding a couple drops of raspberry to a couple ml of what you've already mixed.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Many sb stones have a bit of raspberry added to enhance the sb. Try just adding a couple drops of raspberry to a couple ml of what you've already mixed.

You know now that I have some strawberry flavors I might revisit the berry jammy. I was trying to tackle the flavor with forest fruit FA previously. I'll try mixing it alone minus the shortbread cookie this time too. Perhaps that will be easier tackling the two flavor profiles individually.

I've been working on a good banana peanut butter recipe since I've started DIYing. Peanut butter was harder than I thought. Once I got that down I battled this pesky dry mouth causing liquid that I just couldn't vape. Mouthfeel was terrible. I kept working at it and I think I did a good one.

Banana Cream TPA 3.5
    Butterscotch FLV 1
    Caramel (Caramelo) FLV 1
    Cotton Candy TPA .50
    Peanut butter FLV 1
    Peanut Butter TPA 1
    Sweetener TPA .50
    Vanilla Custard CAP 3

Good at 3 weeks, better as it ages more.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I've been working on a good banana peanut butter recipe since I've started DIYing. Peanut butter was harder than I thought. Once I got that down I battled this pesky dry mouth causing liquid that I just couldn't vape. Mouthfeel was terrible. I kept working at it and I think I did a good one.

Banana Cream TPA 3.5
    Butterscotch FLV 1
    Caramel (Caramelo) FLV 1
    Cotton Candy TPA .50
    Peanut butter FLV 1
    Peanut Butter TPA 1
    Sweetener TPA .50
    Vanilla Custard CAP 3

Good at 3 weeks, better as it ages more.

Did you name it? :?:

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I did. I call it not your average nana butter. Naner was already taken unfortunately.:(

That will work, that one looks like one I would really like, the thing that really surprised me (which never happens) is I actually have all the flavors. :blink: I am not sure when I will get it mixed, but most likely it will be soon. It is going to be too hot this weekend, to do much of the outside stuff I was planning, might as well do some mixing. :)

KAS

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s been miserable hot here all week. It’s supposed to last until Sunday. I need to get some more sft tried. I got a small order from gremlin today. I started taking advantage of their weekly sales when I can.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It’s been miserable hot here all week. It’s supposed to last until Sunday. I need to get some more sft tried. I got a small order from gremlin today. I started taking advantage of their weekly sales when I can.
    Whatcha get?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I got a small order from gremlin today. I started taking advantage of their weekly sales when I can.

I've done that, too, a few times. It is hard to pass up 30mL of some decent flavorings for $1-$1.50. S/H has so far been very reasonable for me, too.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Today's labors:
    8 oz. nic base
    Arroz con Leche v3 -- 30mls
    HIC's Sugary Almond-Apple Tart -- 15mls
    Fran's Hazelnut Cookie -- 15mls
    Strawberry-Rhubarb Cheesecake -- 15mls
    Skeebo's Bourbon Brown Sugar Milkshake -- 15mls
    Fran's Vanilla Milkshake Base -- 50mls
    Fran's Cheesecake #2 Base -- 100mls

I also added nic to a couple of 0mg commercial juices I had kicking around and made a 10% solution of FLV Rich Cinnamon so I wouldn't keep overshooting the mark with it.

It was a peaceful afternoon.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I'm not sure when you made the Shortbread; but I find it to be close to a real S&V. If you have three days on it, I would say throw some in a tank, and give it a vape!:D

Users who are viewing this thread