ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
For the record, I purchased four extracts from Stixx Mixx:
Honduran Ligero
Nicaraguan Viso
The Supreme
H Primed (Cuban Cigar)

I was looking for a smooth/mild, straight-up tobacco flavor that would blend well with bakery/citrus flavors. These seemed to fit the need and were also recommended by Ty for the same purpose.
You should try his American Virginian- my favorite, that's got plenty of real tobacco flavor, without that clingy cigar flavor. I liked the Honduran Ligero, but like when I smoked, that cigar flavor really hangs with you. I liked cigars, but those flavors aren't good for an adv for me, but a good change of pace with cocktails. You might also like the Sweet Brightleaf, which is more mild than AV, with a little less throat hit. A+ is about the same th as AV in boldness, but not quite as flavorful.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Mornin' folks!

Safe travels, Miss Fran.

@nolmel, Do you know of an RBA deck to fit the Jackaroo tank? I grabbed 2 on the EightVape sale and would like to add some long term viability to the tanks.
I have over 2 dozen mods including some "tough" versions, a half dozen pod set ups, about 8 1/2L of nic (regular and salt), over a hundred flavor bottles, a gallon of pg, a gallon of VG, wires, cotton, etc. Now I am working on future proofing my tanks. I think the Jackaroo is the only large tank I don't have an RBA option for. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. My husband will be taking his bow out this afternoon to try to stock the meat freezer so I think I will try to finish the vape chest today and go hunting tomorrow.
I didn’t even try the tanks for the jackaroo, so I didn’t investigate an rba head. If it’s not a new tank (maybe came with previous mods) you may find a listing for compatible coils. I know there’s a pretty good list on Reddit somewhere. Happy, successful (fingers crossed) hunting! We’re at the end of buck only bow, I think next week starts bow for either sex. SIL is out this weekend. We’ll trade him ducks and fish for venison.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Will do. I'm anxious to try these tobacco extracts (they also offer coffee extracts though I'm not interested in those). I bought directly from Stixx Mixx. I believe it was Rose who linked me to Gremlin who also sells Stixx Mixx extracts. Gremlins prices are less expensive because their minimum qty is (I believe) 10mls and Stixx Mixx's minimum quantity is 15mls.

I did ask Ty Edwards (owner of Stixx Mixx) about preservability of his extracts. He said he has four year old NETs sitting around at room temp that are better than ever. He didn't have a direct answer for how well they preserve in the freezer though he thought it might help.
I may have to pick up a few...maybe even some coffee and tea! There are not too many out there that do NETS that I know of. I’m very interested in these. I’ve seen them on wizard labs site. I put some vanilla tobacco in a vape last night. Satisfying. Although it wasn’t a NET.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
You should try his American Virginian- my favorite, that's got plenty of real tobacco flavor, without that clingy cigar flavor. I liked the Honduran Ligero, but like when I smoked, that cigar flavor really hangs with you. I liked cigars, but those flavors aren't good for an adv for me, but a good change of pace with cocktails. You might also like the Sweet Brightleaf, which is more mild than AV, with a little less throat hit. A+ is about the same th as AV in boldness, but not quite as flavorful.
I'm not a Virginian fan. Tends to be too grassy for my tastes. And I completely agree about the cigar flavors not being ADVs. They never were for me either. But the reason they are not ADVs is because they are dry. Dryness gets old quick even though the flavor might be good. This is why I blend bakery/citrus with those dry cigar NETs. It makes them much more durable. So for blending purposes, this is why I am looking for a straight up, mild/pleasant tobacco flavor. Of all the ones I have vaped over the years, I find cigar (and especially Havana types) to fit that profile the best. And while I prefer the cased pipe NETs the most, I'm relegated to THEIR flavors. So my approach with DIY is to go with the straight up cigar NETs and adding my preferred flavors to give them endurance.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I may have to pick up a few...maybe even some coffee and tea! There are not too many out there that do NETS that I know of. I’m very interested in these. I’ve seen them on wizard labs site. I put some vanilla tobacco in a vape last night. Satisfying. Although it wasn’t a NET.
Clay (you may remember him as Carbon Thief back in the good ole Army days) offers tobacco extracts. His shop is called NET.com. He has a very deep menu too. But his prices are very expensive.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
I didn’t even try the tanks for the jackaroo, so I didn’t investigate an rba head. If it’s not a new tank (maybe came with previous mods) you may find a listing for compatible coils. I know there’s a pretty good list on Reddit somewhere. Happy, successful (fingers crossed) hunting! We’re at the end of buck only bow, I think next week starts bow for either sex. SIL is out this weekend. We’ll trade him ducks and fish for venison.
Our bow season is either sex, then comes shotgun/rifle/crossbow, and the season ends with muzzleloader. Bows can be used in all, crossbows only during gun seasons......NY is weird.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oooh I hear the mowing of our grass. The husband paid some guy who was mowing the police officer's like, to do it. 100 bucks but we have two yards. Long story.

I think the contractor is going to his head, he is like, "I can pay people to do things!" I would object but it's so high and terrible (I am happy to mow grass but not with a weedwacker, which is how the husband has been doing it. I think he bought a lawn mower like so now it's on me, sigh.)

Well I get it. I have a cold now (I got the flu vaccine it's just a cold) and if I could pay someone to do my notes right now I would. I'm not doing them. I am also gonna learn how to make them shorter. I also don't have the internet access I need because like, the jetpack was incorrectly told by me by the husband to use it and now it is out of data. I TOLD Him.

Next week is gonna suck. I made the "deep" decision to go get glasses only I live nowhere now, and all the glasses places were booked. They were like, "we can give you a maybe appointment sometime in the far distant future next month." Like they were doing me a FAVOR.

Maybe I wait to go see my pdoc and go THEN because like, as far as I'm concerned buying glasses online ns INSANE. I mean, some even have this fake "insert a picture and like we will "place" the glasses on you," but that's not the POINT. Yes, I need to look fabulous, obviously (not gonna happen) but that does not even SLIGHTLY tell you what it is going to feel like. I might have to go to Tucson. I refuse to leave the bridge of my nose to CHANCE. Bah.

Anna

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Clay (you may remember him as Carbon Thief back in the good ole Army days) offers tobacco extracts. His shop is called NET.com. He has a very deep menu too. But his prices are very expensive.
Oh yeah I remember him! And I faintly remember him getting into the NET business. Cool!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Our bow season is either sex, then comes shotgun/rifle/crossbow, and the season ends with muzzleloader. Bows can be used in all, crossbows only during gun seasons......NY is weird.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Muzzleloader season is the first here. And I live next to a large expanse of state property where hunting is allowed. Gotta wear orange in November and December when I go outside.

Oh yeah I remember him! And I faintly remember him getting into the NET business. Cool!
Clay has had his problems (marital, health, and others). But he's still hanging in there I guess. His customer feedback is poor but he keeps getting orders out from what I hear.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And I already have them mixed (10%). Hurry up and wait. :)

IMG_1305 (Phone).JPEG

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
Muzzleloader season is the first here. And I live next to a large expanse of state property where hunting is allowed. Gotta wear orange in November and December when I go outside.

Clay has had his problems (marital, health, and others). But he's still hanging in there I guess. His customer feedback is poor but he keeps getting orders out from what I hear.
I’m having an internal server error when I go to net.com. I’ll try later. I hate that for him. I remember his health issues and marital issues. Seems so long ago.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Well, that's what I was sort of trying to get at. For example, I'm looking at a milk chocolate that has 0.4% of this crap in it. The recipe calls for 6% of this milk chocolate so the D/A/AP will end up being 0.24% (1/400th) of the final mix. Now if that were anthrax then I might worry, but seriously, how much damage can 0.24% do to someone...especially compared to smoking cigarettes??

At your age? Go for it.
:lol:

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Muzzleloader season is the first here. And I live next to a large expanse of state property where hunting is allowed. Gotta wear orange in November and December when I go outside

Our Valley is full of State hunting land as well. I have a fawn colored boxer who wears a bright yellow jacket when she goes outside and we never let her out alone. Some of the locals are sketchy, but the folks who come down from the big city to hunt on the state land are downright scary. There have been instances of small livestock getting shot.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Was looking at my flavor stock and just something which seemed logical and its already lovely after a day steeping + 1 hour breathing with cap off.
Mixed at 75vg, 3mg/ml

3% Vanilla custard v2 (CAP)
3% Graham Cracker clear (TPA)
3% Bavarian cream (TPA)

Not sure if such recipe already exists, but Will call it Cinamon Custard Cookie, thats what it tastes like.

Users who are viewing this thread