The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    There's always "The Drawer":lol:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Give it a try. I'd like to help but can't do banana.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Yes, the sugar cookie is rather dominating. My tweaks cut it 50% in one and 75% in the other. Even at 50% it is still a little too much (though a lot better). I'm thinking the 75% cut will be about right.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My thinking is to sub it altogether.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I might be doing that but I already had the tweaks mixed and ready to go. So I'll wait till I've tried both tweaks first.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    This is one of Bill's recipes I saved...for Bananas Foster Cream, but haven't tried yet. As usual, it's HTF% and all flavorings are TFA. When I make any of his old recipes now, I cut them by at least 1/2 to suit my own tastes.

Bananas Foster - 15%
    Cinnamon Danish - 4%
    Vanilla Swirl - 4%
    Rum - 3%
    Brown Sugar - 2%
    Caramel - 1%
    Butter - 1%

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Impossible! I’m a pack rat at heart.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good idea, you never know.

• Like Like x 3
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I guess so

• Like Like x 3
  10. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I found a nautilus mini today while looking through a box. Haven’t used that in ages.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Exactly. If nothing else I'm kind of enjoying the double chocolate n milk chocolate combo in the ratios I'm mixing them in. My second tweak dramatically reduces the brown sugar too so I will learn what impact that has. Seems everything I do requires quantum leaps with some of these flavors just so I can learn what they're doing. A beginner DIYer sure wastes a lot of effort during the beginning stages of the learning curve.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a couple I haven’t used for awhile. I was just thinking of filling one

• Like Like x 2
  13. barkfunklerbunk

barkfunklerbunk Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    That's what the recipe on ELR called for, and I haven't tinkered with it at all. Perhaps to combat the more potent creams and custards? Maybe the sweet strawberry is weak.. I haven't used it in any other recipes, iirc. I don't get any overpowering strawberry flavor at all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes but I don't think of it as time wasted. It's all unique to your taste.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've used Cap Sweet Strawberry for years and never thought it weak but everyone is different.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    True enough. Can't know what one likes without knowing what one dislikes. The SFTs are helpful to be sure and I'm heavy into those as well. But I'm also trying finished recipes too. I believe both paths are useful. I'm learning flavors with the SFTs and ratios with the finished recipes.

• Like Like x 3
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sounds to me like you have this on the run.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Oh man things that have happened to me :lol::lol::lol:

Called pharmacy, no new scrip.
    Called "plushmed" (I might do like online medicine again but maybe not THEM) talked to the same lady from yesterday, She was like, "The doctor said the risk is minuscule but you will have to get it worked out with YOUR PSYCHIATRIST."

So I reamed her out ineffectively about how providing a service involves ASSUMING risk and if he did not wish to "assume the risk" he would be prescribing something else. He was not on "until 2."

So, then I waited for a supervisor, and he was a tool. He was like, "We can refund your money." I was like,, "OH NO you aren't getting away THAT easy. Your doctor assumed a risk when he took me on as a patient and I TOLD him the meds I take. NO. You are going to fix this." "
    "Well he comes on at 2."

I was like holy Jesus but also "call me at 2."

Then I went and read the prescribing information for that drug and I was like "Yep I have had this medication and YEP the risk is TINY and only for people with Q-T interval problems which I do not have. So then, I called and begged the pharmacist to just FILL the prescription. I was like "Dude, I am on like 3 Q-T rhythm meds you KNOW I'm, gonna be fine." So he was like, "Oh yeah, I know you, you know what you are doing, I'll fill it should be ready in a half hour."

Then I queried him as to why the aged and decrepit pharmacists were like having such a hard time with my scrips an he was like, "Oh, we are looking for a staff pharmacist, we need another one." Then I asked him when he was on duty so I could fill my scripts THEN.

THEN, (I get bonus points) I called "plushmed" back (you should hear their call music it is EPIC BTW I encourage you all to call but maybe not make an appointment."

Then I spoke to the same lady and she was like "The supervisor does not want tot talk to you until 2." She was also like, "who are you" and I was like, "Ms.; Anna come on, don't your recognize my voice by now? She was like "I get a lot of calls."

Anyway, I was like, "Write this down then. Tell the supervisor to cancel the request as I have resolved this myself with the pharmacy. Tell him he and his doctor's services are NOT needed and let me point out to you that *I* am saving you time and energy here because I am a decent human being. You better tell that little twerp (I think he was like 22) to call me at 2 though!

Mainly, I want my copay back. And mostly because I want my copay back because the little (censored) head wouldn't' TALK to me so he can talk to me at this "SCHEDULED time" of 2 pm about my copay. Jerks.

They tried to do some talking over me.. I have found a sharp "EXCUSE me can I finish my sentence" works but so does yelling. It's fun to alternate.

They were rated pretty highly on the "telemed" sore which is a bit frightening. I assume they have telemed insurance so I don't know what the doc's deal was he could have just told the pharmacy TO FILL IT.

Oh well comedy of errors....Thank God I'm a social worker and KNOW stuff. Jesus.
    Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. barkfunklerbunk

barkfunklerbunk Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Jesus tap dancing Jones, just reading this makes me stressed out, I can't imagine what this is doing to you! I really like your attitude though, and it should be known to all, don't mess with @stols001 ! Not to be trifled with

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    LOL heading out now. I have a feeing medical records gonna be unlcokgng some charts for me. Oh well. I want my ABX (to the tune of "I want ,my MTV."

Anna

• Like Like x 2